When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender rivet tool

-

schwinnman67

Finally riding a big boys bike
Want to re-rivet the brace back on my Schwinn fenders, but don't know what tool I need for the tubular rivets.

Can anyone help with this?

You can get them at most hardware stores.
What hardware store is that? I see the pop river tools but haven’t seen a tubular rivet tool at Ace, Home Depot, or Lowes. Couldn’t find one at Harbor Freight either? V/r Shawn

What hardware store is that? I see the pop river tools but haven’t seen a tubular rivet tool at Ace, Home Depot, or Lowes. Couldn’t find one at Harbor Freight either? V/r Shawn

I get them at my local True Value store.

Thanks for the link, but trying I don't want to use a hammer to set rivets. Looking to get a rivet press tool. Heard of the c clamp style and the squeeze type. Which is better? What size rivets do I need?

Thanks for the link, but trying I don't want to use a hammer to set rivets. Looking to get a rivet press tool. Heard of the c clamp style and the squeeze type. Which is better? What size rivets do I need?

I don't know. Talk to Hanson Rivet? Thats probably you best source for accurate information. I've only ever worked with rivets a few times on bicycles. I copied Momo68's technique and it work perfectly for me with excellent results. One bike I chucked rivets in my drill and re shaped them with a file a bit to match the profile of original rivets I removed (fenders needed to be rolled). A little rust to match the patina of all the other fasteners and you'd never know they were replaced.

This is what I use.

Back