When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd duck, Chinook from portland OR

-

Rustngrease

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Came across this yesterday, f.p. Keenan co. Chinook from portland OR , I was attracted to it being the from the place I was born. Thinking 20s never heard of it. Maybe someone in the cabe world might have a bit of info. Much appreciated.

Cheers

1211190737a.jpg

1211190737.jpg

1211190741.jpg

1211190742.jpg

1211190740.jpg

1211190737c.jpg

1211190737b.jpg

Very nice bike. Nice combination of original paint and patina. Cool rider!
The collar where the lower tube meets the seat tube is commonly found in bikes made by Westfield. The way the rear dropouts are finished where they enter the chain stays would also tell part of the story. That said, I only know what I know because the all the REAL experts around here. ;) I've been down this last February with an unbadged motobike frame I found. Turned out to be a Westfield built bike badged as Stormer. No idea who sold them or in what part of the country.

Serial number shoudl start with a letter if its a Westfield Columbia product. Maybe leftover WWI government contract frame repainted and badged for retail?

The frame looks similar to this Columbia Westfield Military Model from a thread in the Military Bike forum. Notice the collared lug(?) at the seat tube. Fork crown looks like a match too.
1576082688978.png

Last edited:
Very nice bike. Nice combination of original paint and patina. Cool rider!
The collar where the lower tube meets the seat tube is commonly found in bikes made by Westfield. The way the rear dropouts are finished where they enter the chain stays would also tell part of the story. That said, I only know what I know because the all the REAL experts around here. ;) I've been down this last February with an unbadged motobike frame I found. Turned out to be a Westfield built bike badged as Stormer. No idea who sold them or in what part of the country.

Serial number shoudl start with a letter if its a Westfield Columbia product. Maybe leftover WWI government contract frame repainted and badged for retail?

The frame looks similar to this Columbia Westfield Military Model from a thread in the Military Bike forum. Notice the collared lug(?) at the seat tube. Fork crown looks like a match too.
View attachment 1108771
Looks exactly like it, hey thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. It's exciting to gain info and knowledge from this community.

Cheers

Agree with the Westfield features; (sprocket, truss tube rear joint, seat post clamp).
Among other factors affecting price:
The bike is taller than more common 19" double bar drop frame (motor bike) models; is it a 22" or 24"(?).
The twin truss style frame is less common than the drop bar models also.
The old style handle bars with the first gentle curve are nice; (the manufacturer had more than 1 bending tool/radius).
Looks like the steering stem should be inserted more fully into the fork.

Last edited:
Agree with the Westfield features; (sprocket, truss tube rear joint, seat post clamp).
Among other factors affecting price:
The bike is taller than more common 19" double bar drop frame (motor bike) models; is it a 22" or 24"(?).
The twin truss style frame is less common than the drop bar models also.
The old style handle bars with the first gentle curve are nice; (the manufacturer had more than 1 bending tool/radius).
Looks like the steering stem should be inserted more fully into the fork.
It's a 24 inch I appreciate your reply

I'll chirp in on Westfield built also.

Same chain wheel as my 1929 and 1930 Westfield's. Your bike is earlier though, get a shot of that serial number and we can tell you the year.

Very nice machine you have there, congratulations.

Last edited:
Numbers look like 44465 with a C above

View attachment 1109180
@MrColumbia would have better knowledge.

I am pretty sure that one of the C years was 1925, however your machine looks earlier than that, I think that 1912 was also a C, however, outside of MrColumbia (Ken), I don't know anyone for certain who could verify that. @Mercian may have an idea though. Heck, while I am at it, may as well see if Patric has an idea @hoofhearted

The grips, the pedals, the block chain and saddle seem more likely to be 1910's era and not 20's.

Good luck finding out which year, it is a really nice bicycle.

Back