When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Raleigh lady's Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

usarnie1

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi All,

I found this barn fresh bike locally. It appears to be a 1936 Raleigh that someone over the last 81 years has replaced the following items: quadrant shifter, hand grips and kick stand. Everything else on the bike appears to be original including a 3" Raleigh Bell and a Veeter Cyclometer. The rear hub is a K6 and the front wheel has a radial lacing spoke pattern. I plan to cut off the bicycle lock that is located near-by the rear brake. The paint shows that it has been subjected to weather elements and I plan to use a light oil to both clean and then polish its' paint. I would appreciate any input on this bike, as I plan to make it road worthy again!

Last edited:
I love these. Few people seem to know that the chrome tube on top of the front fenders was where the factory bike lock went. Never try to take the rear gears apart for fun, unless you are into pain. They are bullet proof and always seem to shift forever and they were invented in 1904. A Raleigh won the Tour De France in 1914 and then no gears in the race until 1936. In our flat state of Lincoln, three is enough. Are you classy enough to ride it? I am a Hobo, with my zipper open, and I have about seven.

Last edited:
I love these. Few people seem to know that the chrome tube on top of the front fenders was where the factory bike lock went. Never try to take the rear gears apart for fun, unless you are into pain. They are bullet proof and always seem to shift forever and they were invented in 1904. A Raleigh won the Tour De France in 1914 and then no gears until 1936. In our flat state of Lincoln, three is enough. Are you classy enough to ride it? I am a Hobo, with my zipper open, and I have about seven.
I've never seen an example of the factory bike lock that I know of. Any pictures?

Back