When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brampton track crank arms with Aluvac 46t chain ring sprocket

-
----

Thank you. ;)

Trade convention for crank length measurement is center of spindle hole to center of pedal hole.

Appears they are 6 3/4" / ~170mm which is the continental standard for adult machines.

AFAIK the letter B does not necessarily make them Brampton.

-----

----

Thank you. ;)

Trade convention for crank length measurement is center of spindle hole to center of pedal hole.

Appears they are 6 3/4" / ~170mm which is the continental standard for adult machines.

AFAIK the letter B does not necessarily make them Brampton.

-----
Any idea what the B could mean? It’s on both arms.

-----

Have seen Bianchi cycles fitted with cottered steel chainsets where the inner face of the arms is marked with a letter B.

For these , the possible makers would have been Magistroni, Way-Assauto and Fratelli Brivio.

IIRC I have such an arm in my parts boxes. Will see if I can locate it in the coming week and check to see if the font employed matches that of your set.

"Usually" with the Bianchi ones the name is marked on the outer face.

Do not wish to suggest that B could not stand for Brampton.

---

Thus far readers have not been informed as to:

a) correct length measurement

b) pedal thread

c) intended spindle diameter

d) wedgebolt size

e) dentition: is it cut for 1/8" chain or for 3/32"

f) thread of chainwheel bolts

-----

Last edited:
-----

Regarding the ALUVAC term -

it looks like that at one time it could be both a brand name and a synonym for dural and duralumin...much like CEGEDUR was.

in this post at disraeligears the host writes about its use on a Huret rear mech of the 1940's:

there is a current ALUVAC entity in operation in France. their business seems to be concerned with the control of humidity in indoor environments.

-----

Back