When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
They closed my open fence to the dirt side of the path; watch out for cars.
1940 WF HD to Orange and back; to and from work.
IMG_8010.jpg

WF HD back and forth to work in Orange.
I rode a mile on the dirt side of the river, to stop at the bank on the way home.
I was riding with a road bike rider for about 7 miles and shaved time from my normal pace.
Great day; glad to ride!:D
IMG_8014.jpg

Out for 62 on the Hawthorne Flyer>>>> today. Perfect temps in the 60's, no wind, flat riding and nobody out for the most part. Ideal fast and furious conditions, even near the coast as there were no peds. to worry about. This bike fits me real nice. When in the middle of the saddle looking down through the handlebars the front axle lines up with my hands as it should. This is a sit and spin bike and powers up to 20 quickly if you just sit planted on the seat and rev it up. In the middle of the saddle, the fork spring sits at the top of the travel with only a tiny amount of sag. If you stand up and hammer in front of the seat, the fork compresses a bunch, making the head angle steeper and the wheelbase longer with mixed/weird results. If you stay in back of the seat while standing, the bike stays high in the travel, allowing it to take up the bumps. Really a fast bike. Lean it and it turns....Thinking of building another one slightly different from this roadster using another motobike-style frame....

Last edited:
Back