When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

>>Question for anyone with a Lil Brute fork straightening tool !!Need help..

-

bikesnbuses

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Ok anyone..I bought one of the old Lil Brute fork straighteners..But..Its NOT working correctly..It is NOT "ratcheting"/ staying in the next :click" up when pumping the "jack" ..???
Possibly the spring inside(Which seems to be kind of loose floating around) is not where it belongs??
Can anyone post a picture of the inside of theirs please??It would be a PHENOMENAL help!! :cool: :cool: Thank you everyone!! Heres what MY inside looks like.. Thanks again!Jeff
1580239187150.png

In THIS photo..it almost looks like the looped spring is seated correctly??
1580239304277.png

think there is a lil lever you "flip" before you lengthen it...
Yup I did..Back n forth up and down..etc...lol..I couldnt get it to "stay" though..If you try to make it (the lil lever) stay in the "wrong" direction..it automatically "corrects" I did watch the 2 you tube videos I found.Those models were slightly different(newer maybe) but same principal ,flip it "up" to straighten.. :) Thanks Bri!!

I have one as well but yet to use it. I’ll take a look and a pic later. At work. I was curious how yours fits at the bottom bracket? Those legs are so narrow it hits the welds on the bottom bracket as opposed to the barrel itself. Don’t want to scratch up original paint

Back