When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It started with a badge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
The gentleman I got the badge from had 3 of them. I believe he was the one that actually made them, but I’m not 100% on that. I’ve also seen one for sale here on the CABE as well so they are out there.

As for this project, I hit a small setback. My fork has a bad thread section so I will need to address that before final assembly. For a temporary fix I will be installing a locking blade for for now. I’ll post pictures tomorrow as the bike is at work, and I am not today.

The only major part I’m missing is the wheel set. Hoping they arrive sometime this week

Anyone have an eBay link or the contact info of the guy that made the badge? I did a quick search and couldn't find it on eBay. V/r Shawn

Maybe a bike shop nearby can use a thread cutting tool and chase the threads so you don’t have to buy the tool?

20190326_171739.jpg

Maybe a bike shop nearby can use a thread cutting tool and chase the threads so you don’t have to buy the tool?
Omega bike shop in Oceanside has the thread chaser for all different kinds of forks! Used them couple times and works out well!!

Unfortunately the threads in the middle are thin. So when I tighten the jamb nut it tightens the bearing race at the same time. I’ve got a spare bent fork that will give its life to save the chrome Ranger fork. But for now I’ve got a place holder that’s almost as cool.

Back