When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had some fun with this 58 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet

-

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I think I may have to put a 2 speed rear wheel on this one!

I grew up in the country in a bicycle bubble, so I ask stupid questions [emoji3].
What it that on front fender? Is that the rocket ray? It looks like top opens from front, for batteries...what does it do?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I grew up in the country in a bicycle bubble, so I ask stupid questions [emoji3].
What it that on front fender? Is that the rocket ray? It looks like top opens from front, for batteries...what does it do?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

The thing on the fender is a cool machine that is designed to mount on the handlebars and be actuated with a button. The twin gun barrels go "IN" and "OUT" and I bet it once made shooting noise. There are 2 D cells inside. Now it makes a lot of grinding noise while it works, so I don't turn it on much. No sure who made it or what it was called. I like the thing and have been wanting to use it on something, but I dislike handle bar mounted things. I think the stem mounted light works well with the upside down bars and thought the red matched the tank accents pretty well.

A "Rocket Ray" is a chubby fender mount light that is a great classic look.

Jim

Back