When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2004 Nirve Cannibal / Switchblade Project ; Build Clone

-

Superman1984

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So this is my inspiration to a degree ....

However, I can't afford this exact frame so a few years before I ever thought about buying a vintage bike I took a $25 Micargi Rover GT

& did this "Rust" job on it to duplicate an old crusty rat rod style build. Nothing Special. Built with a $50 Huffy Cranbrook wheel set & chain sprocket. Not long after buying this bike I came across a Facebook Market Place listing for this

$120 for a bike that bone stock retailed in the $600 range. Took off the 24x3" rear Nirve FatAss rear wheel & the 26x2.125 front for 26" front & back on Duro 26x3" All Around.

Got a set of Dyno style 16" Ape Hangers & a mock up Batavus gas tank from a moped I bought, got running & never fooled with again

So this was where it stalled for a while .... I didn't want to just do a cheap 49cc or big heavy Predator build so I unstuck an Italian built Motori Minarelli V1 (google them they're bullet proof & hellaciously buildable to 80cc).

I went to the Hurricane Coaster bike & swap meet February 1st @DonChristie & @Freqman1 who siked me up about it after meeting them on a local ride. So this is Finally Happening after buying a set of Super Deluxe Deep Fenders & chain guard

I am debating on doing a street scraper style rear fender, buying either a Monark or Even a Schwinn housing for a headlight. Motoring will come after debating a lower down tube chop for clearances & change of appearances/style. Here's some ideas that inspire me

View attachment 1136331
My buddy did this one, cool bikes to customize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you by any chance find out what size rims & tires he's running? When I get to motoring it I am setting a goal of 55mph+ so a wider rim & tire with 12-11g spokes is safer & more stylish. I have a feeling I am close as is with the 26x3" Duros in the fenders though ....Especially rear wise

55 on that is going to feel like rocket speed. Hold on tight. ;)
done 50mph on a 2005 Whizzer on mountain bike tires .... sure the chopper forks (if I keep these 32"+ set) will definitely add some "white knuckle" & clenching to the fun :tearsofjoy: :p. Damn thing unmotored is kinda fun but takes a mile a to turn around

Back