When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@rollin2 could you please post the serial number on your Corvette? Thanks!

1578549215746.png

Whoa! Two August 62's in the B colors. :cool: Where have you been hiding @5oa?

Got the Blue one updated on the list and I'll add your Black one shortly. Any history on that one? Looks pretty much original including the drive train parts.
After looking at the list again I'm pretty convinced there never were any May, June or July 1962 serial numbered Corvette 5 speeds. So these were built only in a few batches during 1962 with none recorded so far in February, March or October either. Pretty few production runs for this model.

Reactions: 5oa
I'm posting this for @Tim s and @Xlobsterman.

The pictured Black 1961 Corvette below was restored (but not the seat) and then sold for $2200 over 10 years ago, I believe in 2008. It is not on the Registry because the owner could not read the serial number due to the the thick paint or powder coating. He was reselling the bike in maybe 2013 using this picture among others. I talked to him about removing the paint or powder coating on the drop out but he didn't want to do that. He did finally sell the bike after months and multiple eBay listings for quite a bit less than what he paid for it.

Here is the July 1961 Schwinn Reporter informing the Dealers that the new Corvette 5 speed was now available for orders. I'll post an enlarged section of the text.
1581233143416.png

1581233162775.png

This image was also from the July 1961 Reporter

Last edited:
The pictured Black 1961 Corvette below was restored (but not the seat) and then sold for $2200 over 10 years ago, I believe in 2008.
Wow, even if it had been clean and unrestored, I wouldn't have expected a price like that 12 years ago. How crazy was that price at that time?

Wow, even if it had been clean and unrestored, I wouldn't have expected a price like that 12 years ago. How crazy was that price at that time?

There was a time when the collector bikes were selling for big money. When I began my search for any and all of these that were around that one was one of the first I came across on the internet. I thought that was a pretty outrageous price but the buyer was into building and showing custom cars so the bike somehow may have been part of his car business or hobby. I had the whole listing saved along with all the pictures but all that disappeared when my computer got hacked. There is one Corvette on the Registry that a SBF member owns that was an all original slightly used two owner 1962 that was picked up for 12 or 1500. There are two sticky threads on the Corvette 5 speed in the middleweight section on the SBF and all the info and pictures on that one, actually both, are in one of those threads. I can't see any of the pictures there but the owner of the 62 is MisterT

GT, I'm giving you the link to Mr T's Photobucket pictures of his bike. I found the link on Island Schwinn's sticky, Attention Schwinn 5 speed Corvette owners on the SBF.

Jim.

Back