When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi wheel bike

-

MissC

On Training Wheels
Looking for pricing on my hi wheel restored original I think 1878. Where to look for manufacturers or serial numbers.
Thanks
IMG_5166.PNG

Hi,
Some more detailed photos would help people with identification of your lovely machine.
There are lots of knowledgeable people on here who could help you if they could see more of the frame, cranks, wheelhubs etc in close-up.
Good luck!

Looks like a Columbia Expert. I'm going with mid to late 80s. Try looking on the backbone near the head for serial numbers. It's hard to see, but is there a dust cover on the headstock? This often has the manufacturer's name. Wheel size is usually stamped on the left fork, I believe.

Looking for pricing on my hi wheel restored original I think 1878. Where to look for manufacturers or serial numbers.
Thanks
I agree with @TR6SC looks like Columbia Expert. Year probably much closer to 1887 rather than 1878. Be sure to look for the wheel size number stamped on very top of the front fork between the handlebar and head adjustment nut or measure the wheel diameter including tire. Front wheel size can also somewhat influence value.

Columbia Experts are a dime a dozen. You're probably looking at $3000- $3500. You'll find a serial number under the fork head. The saddle looks like it could be redone.

Hi,
Some more detailed photos would help people with identification of your lovely machine.
There are lots of knowledgeable people on here who could help you if they could see more of the frame, cranks, wheelhubs etc in close-up.
Good luck!
Thank you! I will do that right away!

Back