When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

-
After you were removed from the SBF, he stopped posting there and only has a grand total of 15 posts there. It was easy to find the photobucket link showing the pics of his bike. Very righteous looking original bike!!

Jim,

After you were removed from the SBF, he stopped posting there and only has a grand total of 15 posts there. It was easy to find the photobucket link showing the pics of his bike. Very righteous looking original bike!!

Jim,

Thanks Jim! It's been a real long time since I've seen his Corvette and it sure is a super fresh example. Just unreal. :cool:

I'm posting this for @Tim s and @Xlobsterman.

The pictured Black 1961 Corvette below was restored (but not the seat) and then sold for $2200 over 10 years ago, I believe in 2008. It is not on the Registry because the owner could not read the serial number due to the the thick paint or powder coating. He was reselling the bike in maybe 2013 using this picture among others. I talked to him about removing the paint or powder coating on the drop out but he didn't want to do that. He did finally sell the bike after months and multiple eBay listings for quite a bit less than what he paid for it.

Here is the July 1961 Schwinn Reporter informing the Dealers that the new Corvette 5 speed was now available for orders. I'll post an enlarged section of the text.
View attachment 1137295

View attachment 1137296

This image was also from the July 1961 Reporter

View attachment 1137264

View attachment 1137267
Wasting time trying to tell that guy anything. He's far more knowledgeable than us concerning serial numbers and these models in particular. LOL.

Wasting time trying to tell that guy anything. He's far more knowledgeable than us concerning serial numbers and these models in particular. LOL.

That's just to hard to believe! So the old saying, "You can't fix stupid" still holds true or has that been changed too?
Lets "think outside of the box" here for a moment. At the same time the 61 Corvette was upgraded with a 5 speed option two other models also had new mid year upgrades. So those two models could no longer be purchased until 1962? The 61 Varsity was upgraded from an 8 speed to a 10 speed and it wore a new down tube decal. The 61 Continental had a complete makeover with all new Huret drive train and shifter components, plus a completely new decal package. So no more 61 Continental or Varsity models after mid year 1961? What a shame, and I bet Schwinn lost a boat load of income.

That's just to hard to believe! So the old saying, "You can't fix stupid" still holds true or has that been changed too?
Lets "think outside of the box" here for a moment. At the same time the 61 Corvette was upgraded with a 5 speed option two other models also had new mid year upgrades. So those two models could no longer be purchased until 1962? The 61 Varsity was upgraded from an 8 speed to a 10 speed and it wore a new down tube decal. The 61 Continental had a complete makeover with all new Huret drive train and shifter components, plus a completely new decal package. So no more 61 Continental or Varsity models after mid year 1961? What a shame, and I bet Schwinn lost a boat load of income.
My response to the person was deleted on SBF. Musta ruffled a feather.

The thread in question has been locked out on the SBF. probably after Brian's post was deleted...
It's still there and readable. Just can't reply on it anymore.
Someone must have gotten really pissed off over there!

I really wish I knew what you said there, Brian...:laughing:
Mission accomplished!!
Lol!!

Last edited:
The thread in question has been locked out on the SBF. probably after Brian's post was deleted...
It's still there and readable. Just can't reply on it anymore.
Someone must have gotten really pissed off over there!

I really wish I knew what you said there, Brian...:laughing:
Mission accomplished!!
Lol!!

So the kids weren't playing nice in the sandbox again? LMAO! With maybe 5 members posting and like 8 mods what are the chances?

So the kids weren't playing nice in the sandbox again? LMAO! With maybe 5 members posting and like 8 mods what are the chances?
I basically called the problem know it all a poser in so many words. It got deleted, but the thing that pisses me off is they still leave his ignorant splatter in the thread. And they took away my ability to delete my threads and some comments there.

It's really ashamed that it has come down to this over there. Basically, they are driving me away from there as well. I guess they feel there is no room for us "OK, Boomers".

Jim.

Agree with your sentiments. The "offender" on SBF is the main reason I stopped posting or looking at posts on that site (other than the fact it has become a very small club). I don't understand how his rants and actions are tolerated there, while the posts of those much more knowledgeable and experienced are not? Twice he undercut other members on bikes they mentioned were for sale and were considering buying. I was the second one! When I called this out as unethical, all I got from the mods was "don't post stuff you are considering buying." That was it. I don't need to "interact" with such people.

Back