When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

European Bicycle Safety Wing

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Order Yours Today!
original.jpg

The reflector would not meet the CPSA requirement that the reflector not move when the bicycle was laid down; they didn’t want reflectors to be too susceptible to normal bicycle use. The presumption was that if the reflector moved then it might not point or reflect in the right direction when the bike was picked up to ride again. The rule effectively prohibited the reflector’s inclusion as an accessory on all new bicycles.

Last edited:
The reflector would not meet the CPSA requirement that the reflector not move when the bicycle was laid down; they didn’t want reflectors to be too susceptible to normal bicycle use. The presumption was that if the reflector moved then it might not point or reflect in the right direction when the bike was picked up to ride again. The rule effectively prohibited the reflector’s inclusion as an accessory on all new bicycles.
Interesting, I didn't know about that regulation / law. It makes sense when you think about it. Thanks.
This vintage mail order ad is prior to 1972, when the CPSA was enacted. I am sure that these "wings" are as rare and hard to find as Jarts aka Lawn darts. I believe the Consumer Product Safety Commission banned the sell of Jarts in the US in 1988. Canada followed suit a year later.
jarts-788x591_1.jpg

Interesting, I didn't know about that regulation / law. It makes sense when you think about it. Thanks.
This vintage mail order ad is prior to 1972, when the CPSA was enacted. I am sure that these "wings" are as rare and hard to find as Jarts aka Lawn darts. I believe the Consumer Product Safety Commission banned the sell of Jarts in the US in 1988. Canada followed suit a year later.View attachment 1143392
man, I loved lawn darts.

it was a sad day when they were banned, same as when they banned clackers.

-----

Clackers!

Boy, had not thought of those things in fifty years.

Went to a flea market in 1969 and they were everywhere.

Every kid seemed to have one - at least until it shattered in his face. :eek:

-----

Back