When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It started with a badge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes, Those wheels are a great match. Do you have any kind of clear finish on the frame or is it just distressed? That is a fun project you have going.

Thanks all. I’m having some fun with this build. So glad I saw these wheels for sale here on the CABE, they really do fit this bike well. The bare metal areas of the frame do have a clear coat on them. But the rest of the frame is still original paint and/or primer that have been polished up with some good old Meguiars polish.
Dug out one of my old Wald axle mount side stands, and I also found a chain guard that I think will look good on the bike. And I’m looking for a longer seat post still. I’m hoping to get them on this weekend so I can finish this project and start riding!

Chainguard is installed. It’s a little darker than I was hoping for, but I like it. I even found a crusty old bell for it in my stash of parts.
Other than a longer seat post and fixing the chrome fork, I think it’s done. Pretty happy with it so far.

I know Ive commented before, but I have to tell you this looks so cool; and has inspired me to preserve a pre-war rider for my own collection. I would have never considered the clay color for tires, until now. Well Done!

Found a longer seat post this past weekend. So I was finally able to get the seat I wanted to use on the bike. Also “distressed” the chain guard a little to make it better fit the condition of the bike. And lastly for today, my deco stem was bent too much for me to fix here at work, so off it came and an old CWC stem I had went on in its place.
Then it was time for a short lunch ride!
Next on the list to do is rebuild the hubs, and fix the chrome fork and this project will be done! And then I’ll be back to my Hiawatha project

Got the new handlebars for the dx recently. Absolutely love them on it. And I needed the clay tires for a different project, so they were swapped out as well. Rebuilt the hubs today and other than the chrome fork that I still need to fix, I think this build is about done.

D0F2CDA3-D97B-46EC-84B7-1350CA5FD1FE.jpeg

0EB27DE6-CC82-4910-83AC-23331311C640.jpeg

If you wrap to plumbers Teflon tape around the thin spot you can get the bearing race adjusting cone to stay put while you tighten the lock/cap nut.
I know, it sounds funky, but it does actually work quite well in those situations.

Too late for that, but I shall keep that in mind if it ever happens to me again.
B80886EF-1A49-4699-B8F2-EE42E8E0A696.jpeg

Just need to make time to weld it up and life will be good.

Back