When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Schwinn Jaguar? Need some opinions

-

JGG

Look Ma, No Hands!
I saw this mid 50’s Jaguar posted but just wanted to get some opinions on what is original and what’s not? Something seems to be off about it. Obviously bars are gone, from brake caliper and lever are missing, and seat is just bones. The rear rack is blue and he does have the front chrome fender with light and claims both wheels are stamped S-2.

Any help would be appreciated!

83C41B22-D45D-4AF1-9F46-41359D2DCB95.png

E930105B-6DB7-40E6-BB12-0EC5B25238C6.png

15A88450-AB77-4829-A41B-30865D3CA699.png

OMG, I've been looking for one of those for years, looks all correct to me! I'd give like a$1000 for it! The one idiot on here would probably give double that!! Cool colors...

The one idiot on here would probably give double that!!

Man, I don't know where all the hatred for HBH comes from. I don't know either one of y'all but we're all here to enjoy this hobby and show off our prized possessions and learn a thing or two. I hope someday you can let go of whatever it is that bothers you about this man. It's not in good taste. Have a nice day.

Man, I don't know where all the hatred for HBH comes from. I don't know either one of y'all but we're all here to enjoy this hobby and show off our prized possessions and learn a thing or two. I hope someday you can let go of whatever it is that bothers you about this man. It's not in good taste. Have a nice day.
I didn't say a name, don't know what you're talking about! My buddy is considering this bike and giving him a hard time! It's about this bike.... but thanks!

I know sposed to be balloon bike but, tires look big in those fenders....it does look cool in those colors, think probably had a tank... everyone else chime in.... also thought'55 had bolt on kickstand! Struts looking correct for'55.. my thoughts on it!

My green '54 is very similar. Yours looks original with exception to the tires. Carrier was an add on as I don't believe these came equipped. Although I know Schwinn dealers would build it how you wanted. Maybe it was an option?

I have a red one, also a '54.

Schwinn serial number look up showed this :
Congrats! Your bike is an original Chicago Schwinn.
Unfortunately the serial number you entered was used twice by Schwinn meaning there are two possible dates for your bike...

Built: of or...

Built: 02/13 of 1957.

Schwinn serial number look up showed this :
Congrats! Your bike is an original Chicago Schwinn.
Unfortunately the serial number you entered was used twice by Schwinn meaning there are two possible dates for your bike...

Built: of or...

Built: 02/13 of 1957.

Bwa ha ha! Schwinn serial number Mess Up.

The serial number was STAMPED in 1953 and 1952 and 1957. Take your pick, but I would say the bike was built in late 1953 with a mid October 53 serial stamping. The Jags came with screw on block bow pedals. Shifter looks like the later black plastic piece, missing the hard to find brake levers & front brake caliper.

Back