When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a Prewar Rollfast Bicycle in the Middle of the Woods Today

-
I like your leaving it in the wild for now. Grab it though before it disappears. Although not much monetary value, it needs to live on somewhere as part of local history. Maybe a wall hanger in a local bar ?

An update. I have learned that these plants are Italian Arum of Western Europe. So not native, but not invasive. Really pretty, I think I will collect a few plants for around the house, and being as they are non native, I will be able to do this in good conscience knowing that I will not be disturbing a native or rare wildflower. It is bad to collect native plants, sometimes even illegal and rightfully so, but these European ones are fair game! Yay!
Uh... maybe you didn't research that much, but those plants are widely known to be a noxious (poisonous) weed, and in some states they are a real problem to control. They are indeed invasive. https://www.oregonlive.com/hg/2014/11/invasive_italian_arum_portland.html

Beautiful stripey plats indeed, I have patches of those growing around my house .

Uh... maybe you didn't research that much, but those plants are widely known to be a noxious (poisonous) weed, and in some states they are a real problem to control. They are indeed invasive. https://www.oregonlive.com/hg/2014/11/invasive_italian_arum_portland.html
Absolutely. I would definitely agree that they are invasive upon reading up on them more since starting this post- but perhaps only in certain regions/ climates. I did read some articles, from places like the Pacific Northwest, and down in Louisiana, and it does seem to be quite a big problem in those areas. Fortunately, it would seem that for some reason, the climate here in Western North Carolina might be preventing them from growing so vigorously. Maybe its just a hair too cold or too hot here for them to really take off, maybe both, or perhaps its the inconsistent rain we sometimes get. They seem in this area at least, to behave as daffodils and be pretty slow growing. That said, I would strongly recommend that anyone who wishes to have these, be sure to take care that they don't go to seed, and are in a contained location, and closely monitored. Invasive plants are no joke and can be quite a danger to a natural environment. Lest we forget the ever present Kudzu and Bottomland Privet to name a few.

Absolutely. I would definitely agree that they are invasive upon reading up on them more since starting this post- but perhaps only in certain regions/ climates. I did read some articles, from places like the Pacific Northwest, and down in Louisiana, and it does seem to be quite a big problem in those areas. Fortunately, it would seem that for some reason, the climate here in Western North Carolina might be preventing them from growing so vigorously. Maybe its just a hair too cold or too hot here for them to really take off, maybe both, or perhaps its the inconsistent rain we sometimes get. They seem in this area at least, to behave as daffodils and be pretty slow growing. That said, I would strongly recommend that anyone who wishes to have these, be sure to take care that they don't go to seed, and are in a contained location, and closely monitored. Invasive plants are no joke and can be quite a danger to a natural environment. Lest we forget the ever present Kudzu and Bottomland Privet to name a few.
Not to mention the Bradford pear! Whoever thought that was a good idea was not looking past the end of his nose.

Back