When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New S-7 Brick Tires By An Old Manufacturer?

-
I have another make 26 X 2 X 1-3/4,the 2" spec makes them noticeably wider than a standard Westwind or other knock off

Ya Kenda and maybe Duro has made the 2.0's but not in the Schwinn style brick tread that I know of.

These new brick treads are considerably bigger than the other Kenda's that are 26 x 2 x 1 3/4". Those are the ones I'm replacing and those are almost identical in size to the Westwind repops.

The only other S-7 tire is the CS and these new bricks look better and are most likely larger without being squared off with the thick truck tread. I'll have to get one out and compare the two.

1585466971813.png

I found this and Duro and Fong are related. F&R is on these tires, so Fong and ?

Duro Tire

DURO's high quality bicycle tires are produced in Hwa Fong Rubber's factories in Taiwan, China, and Thailand. This video shows the production process in our Taiwan headquarters from fabric to ridable product.

Established advanced Laboratory of High Molecular Chemistry. Established Hwa Fong (Hong Kong) Ltd. Established Hwa Fong Rubber (U.S.A.) Inc.
Obtained the “Award of Gold Trade” in promoting DURO Brand by the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs.

DURO DURO is derived from the English word, “durable”, meaning strong, wear resistant, not easily broken, which reflects Hwa Fong’s highest corporate principle: Quality first. The four letters – D, U, R and O – represent the four pillars upholding this principle of highest quality: Dependable, Utility, Rapid, Outstanding.

Last edited:
HMM,I'll have to take a look @ mine. They are not the brick pattern and much wider than a Westwind. Those brick pattern 2"ers are cool,They look just like a balloon Typhoon Cord

Last edited:
As of today I've found these tires being sold by three different eBay sellers. Two in Cali and one in Indiana.

Got one mounted on a rim and I have to say these are some badass S-7 Brick tread tires! They look like 2.25 Typhoons on a skinny rim. They look great and they're not as squared off or blocky as the CS Goodyear treads. These will now be my replacements.

Compared here to a 26 x 1 3/4 Schwinn sold and labeled replacement that's the same as the Kenda 26 x 1 3/4. The overall dia. is 26 3/8" and they blow out past the side of the rim almost 3/8"

View attachment 1163408

View attachment 1163409

View attachment 1163410

View attachment 1163411

View attachment 1163412
Those look great, I’ll be looking into those for future replacements for sure!

Back