When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Pacemaker info needed!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lobsterboyx

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hey guys! its been awhile, I've been out of the game for some time, but during this quarantine I decided to take on a few projects I've had sitting for years and years - one of these is my Mercury Pacemaker - I got it out and started cleaning it up a bit before I dive in to it and I've got a few questions!

firstly, here's the bike, as you can see, its got a plastic shroud, and a Jafco glass tank, its got a very early saddle the rear rack I bought off of another forum member back when I first got the bike years back...
everything else seems to be original

I1rfbtwl.jpg

p6UZG0vl.jpg

I've seen a few bikes that have 1 piece front fender, and ive seen one or two that have this setup with a 2 piece.

BjfUUMll.jpg

K7juJMul.jpg

is this original or a fix somewhere along the line... is this a year thing?

also, does this fork look bent to you?

bj5j6Ifl.jpg

looks like the chain guard clamp is not original.. what did the original look like?

DSdjUbFl.jpg

since this bike is supposed to have an integrated drop stand, did this hole have a purpose or should I weld it up?

WP9knFFl.jpg

the bike has these big wide bars on them, but im wondering what the original bar and stem setup looked like..

74EzwdMl.jpg

how about rear racks, ive seen some like this, then some with skirts and a light... year thing? model thing?

EqCafI1l.jpg

ok ok ok, last question..

anyone making the fender ornaments or shrouds out of metal now? last time I checked, it was just these plastic ones. - also I have this spare chain guard, the front just has a little tab, so it didnt do too much to answer my mounting question!

anyone have original parts available?

3dczrj1l.jpg

thanks in advance guys!

Hey guys! its been awhile, I've been out of the game for some time, but during this quarantine I decided to take on a few projects I've had sitting for years and years - one of these is my Mercury Pacemaker - I got it out and started cleaning it up a bit before I dive in to it and I've got a few questions!

firstly, here's the bike, as you can see, its got a plastic shroud, and a Jafco glass tank, its got a very early saddle the rear rack I bought off of another forum member back when I first got the bike years back...
everything else seems to be original

View attachment 1163825

View attachment 1163826

I've seen a few bikes that have 1 piece front fender, and ive seen one or two that have this setup with a 2 piece.

View attachment 1163827

View attachment 1163836

is this original or a fix somewhere along the line... is this a year thing?

also, does this fork look bent to you?

View attachment 1163828

looks like the chain guard clamp is not original.. what did the original look like?

View attachment 1163829

since this bike is supposed to have an integrated drop stand, did this hole have a purpose or should I weld it up?

View attachment 1163830

the bike has these big wide bars on them, but im wondering what the original bar and stem setup looked like..

View attachment 1163831

how about rear racks, ive seen some like this, then some with skirts and a light... year thing? model thing?

View attachment 1163832

ok ok ok, last question..

anyone making the fender ornaments or shrouds out of metal now? last time I checked, it was just these plastic ones. - also I have this spare chain guard, the front just has a little tab, so it didnt do too much to answer my mounting question!

anyone have original parts available?

View attachment 1163833

thanks in advance guys!
Nice project. There is a group for mercury pacemakers. It's got a lot of good information. Been working on mine for a few years.
2168a88355bad76f878921aefe7011ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Whoa! hey man! it is good to see you around. Glad you are still doing bike stuff. I have a ladies pacemaker, but it has a one piece front fender. I don't have it here, or else i could take photos for you. I am in L.A. now, so we can hang out if we survive this virus!

Howdy and I do love me some Pacemaker. Lol. No such thing as a two piece fender. That’s a repair. There should not be hole in the frame for a kick stand. I believe 1941 is the first year for a lit rack. Typically only on more equipped models. Should have u shaped Torrington bars. The narrow ones. I opt for the wide boys so no knee knockers. Some red brass ornaments were made but hardly ever surface. Same with the shrouds I think some metal ones were done in the 90’s. Good luck finding one. The person who was selling plastic chrome ones and lenses a few years back on ebay copied my red brass fender ornament and lenses to make his product. If you look on the bottom bracket get the first two letters we can tell the year.

I think the group he’s talking about is something I started on Facebook. If you have any other questions let em rip and I’ll try to help.

8ADB03B3-DB9A-47BA-9628-ED4BB3D37ACF.jpeg

Back