When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help with Evans Colson Scout Serial Number. I've read everything i can find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cruisery

On Training Wheels
I have a brewery and we have 7 or 8 vintage women's bikes and most of them I've been able to find a ton of information about but I'm struggling to find out much about this bike. The Serial number is B177969624. I'm guessing its a 1951? I'll attach pictures. Thank you for any help or resources. If anyone has an old advertisement of the bike I'd love to know how much is cost new.

aron

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

The “624” at the end of the serial number might be a “G24” - meaning Girls 24” wheels.
The “B” at the beginning of the serial number may reflect the date. I call my “D...B26” a 1957; and guess that your “B...G24” may be for 1955, plus or minus.
I believe that the estimate of 1951 may be years too early, as Evan might not have yet purchased the bicycle division of Colson.

<edit> Evans Products bought Colson in 1954.
A 1958 catalog lists the Girls 24" Sonic Scout available in glowing "Colorama" colors: Emerald Green with pine green trim and yellow outline, white seat, grips, pedals.
Few Girls models were ever pictured.

$57.95 new in 1958.

Last edited:
Nice place! Cool bikes too. I haven’t been to Santa Barbara since 2014. Need to get back for a visit!

Santa Barbara is only 2+1/2 hours from Union Station on the Amtrak Coast-Starlight schedule; departure 10:10am, and arrival 12:40pm. About 10 minutes faster on the Pacific-Surfliner.
I believe that now they allow for bicycles to be loaded within the checked baggage car.

Last edited:
Back