When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Nice orig 1981 Chestnut Schwinn Cruiser... excellent survivor! orig tires! -----F/S

-
Nothing "snide" about saying the pics blurry. they are blurry. The numbers should be readable, are they? That said I love the bike, road one for years
It was a snide remark implying that the pictures were intentionally taken to hide things. There are many different ways to say things and that wasn’t the friendliest. That’s all I was saying.

I don't know how a pic can be that blurry. We agree they are blurry? polaroid? You seem to know the guy I don't and I don't feel comfortable buying a bike with those pics. Anyway, I love the bike one of the best ever!

I don't know how a pic can be that blurry. We agree they are blurry? polaroid? You seem to know the guy I don't and I don't feel comfortable buying a bike with those pics. Anyway, I love the bike one of the best ever!
I’m not going to get into an argument, there’s no need to. I’m just simply saying if you had interest in the bike, the more polite thing to do would be to private message him and ask for a few more pics of specific areas you are concerned about. The comment made that implied he he was hiding something with his pics, just seemed unnecessary. That’s all, simple as that. No hostility, no more discussion needed. It’s a killer bike. Whoever is buying it is getting a great bike in an uncommon color.

Well you're hard pressed these days to find one in this condition or better from 1981 at the fair asking price .. and if for some reason 12 pics - from all angles doesn't seem to show the back underside of some obscure angle you may be wanting a closer shot of - THEN SIMPLY PM THE SELLER

Not a whole lot to a "80's cruiser" - I've seen plenty to know what is right & what to look for .. if I would have questions - yes I too would contact the seller direct

Bob is a seller on here & ebay - this listing has a large description of what he the seller noticed on this particular bicycle & as always - he describes in detail which is supported with 12 pictures on this listing - should the seller tell potential buyers on how to remove what appears to be flash rust on a stem which are a dime a dozen ?? Maybe I haven't listed things lately where that is now required too ?? I see clear images that are close up on my screen .. ?? If you don't see the serial number clearly - ASK what the serial number is with a PM - done & done

This is exactly why I do not list things here on the Cabe for sale generally - everyone is a critic it seems - and most critics have no interest in what is for sale in the thread anyways

Don't see what you are specifically looking for in a listing - DIRECT CONTACT - 99.9% will respond to you on their listing ...

Something to chew on if you don't have popcorn like myself right now

Last edited:

Bob @bobcycles still uses a Nokia camera phone. Help the guy out and buy it for $1300 so he can get a nice iPhone 11.

he tried selling me this bike with some crappy pictures. I passed, that rust bucket ain’t worth $1500.

92EEF09B-8A95-4DA3-A440-3262F20593CF.jpeg

Back