When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears spaceliner?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
i picked this bike up today. Im a schwinn guy and i very little about this bike if anyone has any information about this let me know

20200501_133052.jpg

20200501_133057.jpg

20200501_133100.jpg

20200501_133133.jpg

20200501_133145.jpg

20200501_133152.jpg

Does it have the two-speed automatic rear hub? It looks like it but I can't tell for sure. And look at that headlight!

Does it have the two-speed automatic rear hub? It looks like it but I can't tell for sure. And look at that headlight!
Yeah it has the red bendix 2 speed rear hub. I cant wait to put some tubes in this and see if it works

For what it is worth it was a Murray built bike sold by Sears. 502 is the Sears vendor number for Murray. Roger

Notagamerguy:
Nice! I'm jealous of the saddle. I have the same saddle from my 1960 Flightliner, but it all fell apart. It looks like the chrome evaporated from your tail light. I don't how that happens, but it often occurs with vacuum-metallized plastic. Easily spiffed up by disassembling, fine wet sanding (say 400 grit), cleaning with denatured alcohol, and painting with rattle-can chrome paint. Pictures below are before and after shots of similar tail light on a Murray-built Western Flyer. On this bike, I also painted the front of the tank (headlight), the switch housing on the tank, and the chain wheel cap, all plastic.
Have fun!

Notagamerguy:
Nice! I'm jealous of the saddle. I have the same saddle from my 1960 Flightliner, but it all fell apart. It looks like the chrome evaporated from your tail light. I don't how that happens, but it often occurs with vacuum-metallized plastic. Easily spiffed up by disassembling, fine wet sanding (say 400 grit), cleaning with denatured alcohol, and painting with rattle-can chrome paint. Pictures below are before and after shots of similar tail light on a Murray-built Western Flyer. On this bike, I also painted the front of the tank (headlight), the switch housing on the tank, and the chain wheel cap, all plastic.
Have fun!
View attachment 1185849

View attachment 1185850
Oh i am having fun with this one. Im currently soaking the rims in oxalic acid im reasembing/ fabricating the front of the tank and tires are on the way. Schwinn has a very similar s refector and i always paint them silver. I guess plastic and chrome dont mix

20200502_125729.jpg

20200502_150224.jpg

Back