When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Playin'Round with Ideas

-

Superman1984

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So I have a Husky 24" trike that I bought a while back for like $50. I never owned a trike vintage or new so I couldn't pass up the pricey work horse But I don't like the way it rode so this will be a combined trike thread ; fitting the rear kit to multiple bikes for personal opinions and also to I guess document the older Desoto trike I recently acquired during the Covid 19 pandemic. 1st pic is the Husky trike axle mocked up to a 90's model Mercury Classic flex frame & 16" apes I use for mock ups since they're cracked.
20200503_095042.jpg

The Desoto as I got it for $50
20200503_104007.jpg

I have started tearing it apart, had to cut the damn pedal off to remove the crank after soaking it in PB Blaster multiple times & bending the chain ring (2nd time I have had to do this on a bicycle), and started cleaning / stripping the frame for paint

The next best thing to heat is shock. Sometimes a good shot with a hammer while trying to unbolt it knocks it loose.
Tried that too hahaha. I not only put a jack handle through the crank on a 2x4 to keep it from denting the frame, put a 2x4 under the chain ring so it would dig in and bite, sprayed for like 4 days with PB penetrating oil (usually loosens everything up or allows some minor movement) and the 3rd time I hit it with Stubby Bob aka the 2.5 Lb sledge the wald crank/chain ring jus' layed outwards. I cussed, I laughed, and then just angle grinded it off with the cut off wheel. No Biggie

Bare Metal Aluminum Kent La Jolla idea; will be bright polished & steel parts buffed shiny & cleared. May be for sale; has aluminum Rigida 26" wheels 2.125 Aero Glide white walls & a Huffy springer seat .... jus' a cheap chain store bike becoming a lil'cooler or having potential to be something a lil'different :confused:

Im building a custom 1950 schwinn phantom out of parts i had around! Smooth ride! Thinking of peal white with platinum trim!???

View attachment 1204302

View attachment 1204304
I dig that and wish I had enough vintage parts to throw a bike together. I am not big on white bikes but pearl white could be killer; especially if you're getting that opalescent look going on. This cheap bike will just be wire wheeled and then slightly sanded & rubbed down with some Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish. Nothing crazy like a mirror shine ....I could only put that much effort into a Monark lol

Back