When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found US Royal Master Centipede Tread

-
I have these USA made Nucleus balloon tires with straight lines. They're in good shape.

View attachment 1192472

View attachment 1192478

View attachment 1192479

View attachment 1192480
That's more or less what I'm after. I just wonder how Wide theyll be blown up.

The Royal Masters are a standard 26x2.125 but have such expanse when blown up they just fill out a fender Perfectly. I've never seen a tire so close to a 3.0 without being one and the tread is ideal.

Where did these come from? Ive never heard of the name.

I HAVE AN ORIGINAL US ROYAL MASTER BROCHURE WITH PICS AND EXPLANATION HOW THE Centipede tread
GRIP WORKS. IF I HAVE TIE TOMORROW, I WILL SCAN IT FOR YOU AND POST.
I've got work, but I do check in a couple times a day!

I cant really afford WAR TIME tires, I'm afraid. Looking for ones that arent.
They make ones that just say U.S. ROYAL MASTER on the tire and nothing else with that nice line tread all around, without looking like little squares like the ones @saladshooter posted.

Yes my single tire just has strait lines no cubes. It is a centepede tread just doesn't say it on the sidewall.

I'm not sure how wide they would blow up but I will mount one and see. As for the brand, I am not sure either. I got these tires in lieu of a trade because the person I sold a bike to didn't quite have enough money so he offered to trade me those tires and a few other parts. I took them because they were usa-made. Wish I knew how to check the date code to see what era they were made. Maybe someone reading this thread knows how?

SEE THIS COPY OF THE BROCHURE I HAVE!
THIS IS PREWAR WWII 4 RIB VERSUS 5 RIB POSTWAR.
NOTE THE TIRE AS COMING FROM THE FACTORY HAVE THE FINE CROSS CUT FROM THE FACTORY.
WHEN THE TIRE GETS WORN, THE CROSS CUTS WEAR AND THE TREAD LOOKS LIKE BLOCKS.

U S ROYAL MASTER.jpg

SEE THIS COPY OF THE BROCHURE I HAVE!
THIS IS PREWAR WWII 4 RIB VERSUS 5 RIB POSTWAR.
NOTE THE TIRE AS COMING FROM THE FACTORY HAVE THE FINE CROSS CUT FROM THE FACTORY.
WHEN THE TIRE GETS WORN, THE CROSS CUTS WEAR AND THE TREAD LOOKS LIKE BLOCKS.

View attachment 1193045
Huh, never saw anything quite like that.
It explains the little blocks. They should in fact roll a little on a stop and act as it says, like a bunch of little fingers reaching out to grab pavement.

Definitely a quality design. I appreciate you sharing that!

**For those onlookers reading these posts, as best as these are, the tires I'm after are not these.
They just have lines lengthwise, and not across. Almost like a treaded Slick**

I'm not sure how wide they would blow up but I will mount one and see. As for the brand, I am not sure either. I got these tires in lieu of a trade because the person I sold a bike to didn't quite have enough money so he offered to trade me those tires and a few other parts. I took them because they were usa-made. Wish I knew how to check the date code to see what era they were made. Maybe someone reading this thread knows how?
They're interesting. Cant say I've seen another set like them, but I'd be happy to do a little research for both our curiosities.

Back