When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wieboldt badged Admiral?

-
I remember Wiebolt's well. We lived on the outside edge of Cook County, west of Chicago. There were no high-end stores that far west. A couple times a year, we'd make a trip to Wiebolts. They had an escalator. Schwinn made bikes for Wiebolts. For the life of me I can't remember the name of their bikes. It might have been the "Firebolt" or something like that. That was a long time ago. I stole my first bike from there. It was a fairly new Black phantom. It was chained to a street post that didn't have a sign on it. Dad helped me lift it up, chain and all, over the post. We tossed it into the back of Dad's 38 Olds sedan and away we went. . . ;) Dad did have a 38 Olds though. . .
I found a Firebolt bicycle, but it said the bicycle was Columbia built. Maybe they sold more than just Schwinn bicycles? What do you think?

Sorry, barnyguey, not sure about the name. I will try to find out, as Wiebolts was a Chicago company. I recall Columbia's Firebolt also. I think I had one too. I may be wrong, but I think Wiebolts [Pronounced "We bolts"] only carried Schwinn bikes.

Sorry, barnyguey, not sure about the name. I will try to find out, as Wiebolts was a Chicago company. I recall Columbia's Firebolt also. I think I had one too. I may be wrong, but I think Wiebolts [Pronounced "We bolts"] only carried Schwinn bikes.
Thanks for the information. I was wondering how they pronounced the name. Barry

Back