When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1950s? Hawthorne

-
Price
Zipcode

Skip Montanaro

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was here last fall asking about this Hawthorne a friend gave me. I gave the suspension parts an Evapo-Rust bath, but other than that, it's just been sitting in the garage. I decided that this bike is just too far from my wheelhouse and it deserves a better home than I'm giving it, so it's time to move it along to someone who can appreciate it. I have some more pictures (mostly from last fall) in this Flickr album. I'm happy to take more pictures of any details you think would be interesting.

I'm looking for $300. If you think I'm way off-base, feel free to make an offer. I would prefer not to ship it. I'm in the Chicago area and can travel a reasonable distance (200 miles?) to avoid the hassle of shipping. If shipping is unavoidable, we can work something out.

Here's what it looked like last fall:

48769182868_c8f303a2ab_c.jpg

Here it is with its sorta derusted suspension:

49902364533_1b4a6119eb_c.jpg

It comes with some parts:

49903185117_4ec73e30e8_c.jpg

49902364333_9a2a79009f_c.jpg

It also comes with a pair of new rims (not pictured).

Yes. Let me take a few more pictures, at least one with everything included in one frame. One of the saddles' frame was badly welded. That was definitely not done by Jerry. He's a welding engineer at a nuclear power plant. If he'd made the repair it would have been a work of art.

Give me a couple hours and I'll have more detail.

Yes. Let me take a few more pictures, at least one with everything included in one frame. One of the saddles' frame was badly welded. That was definitely not done by Jerry. He's a welding engineer at a nuclear power plant. If he'd made the repair it would have been a work of art.

Give me a couple hours and I'll have more detail.
ok,send me a pm.

Back