When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Playin'Round with Ideas

-
I had to buy the frame and fork! I was hem hawing are with ideas and wanted a new build! I already had a bunch of stuff waiting on me to build a 59 frame i had at the time! Then that “50” with fork just fell in my lap! Im still not sure about pearl white! But i have a sweet platinum color im dying to use! White frame with platinum chain gaurd , tank ,, and some of the fork????

I had to buy the frame and fork! I was hem hawing are with ideas and wanted a new build! I already had a bunch of stuff waiting on me to build a 59 frame i had at the time! Then that “50” with fork just fell in my lap! Im still not sure about pearl white! But i have a sweet platinum color im dying to use! White frame with platinum chain gaurd , tank ,, and some of the fork????
Ahhh I see. Maybe a platinum with either blue, green or black would look slick but I am partial to those colors; unless you want to be radical & do a teal or even blurple .... I could offer ideas. Marbled/Bowling ball swirl :tonguewink:

I had plans to try and restore the original phantom black/red paint but in the process I damaged the paint ,,, someone painted yellow and white over the original black/red colors and i just started scraping and trying stuff without really researching

and blew it!1205718

I got it down to the point were you could see the original paint but was still not what I wanted

So now im forced to respray ! I love fresh ideas!!! Im still considering trying to restore phantom paint scheme! But idk im a beginner at paint! Building ya ... paint not so much!

I had plans to try and restore the original phantom black/red paint but in the process I damaged the paint ,,, someone painted yellow and white over the original black/red colors and i just started scraping and trying stuff without really researching View attachment 1205718

View attachment 1205719

and blew it!View attachment 1205718
View attachment 1205719

I got it down to the point were you could see the original paint but was still not what I wanted View attachment 1205718
View attachment 1205719

View attachment 1205720
So now im forced to respray ! I love fresh ideas!!! Im still considering trying to restore phantom paint scheme! But idk im a beginner at paint! Building ya ... paint not so much!
Paint is fairly easy; even a rattle job can look Good with prep & time. I can't see doing much more to either customs or klunkered projects but some people only think of the poorly done rattle can stuff they have seen. Upside is Schwinn stencils and decals should be available once you do paint it ....

Ive seen the paint and stencils... and ive followed projects from other cabers. But alas i have no garage! I do plan to build a paint box behind my 9x12 shed full of bikes. Ive done some ok stuff with cans! And i am close to a sweet auto resto shop and the owner digs the bikes ive shown him! They will media blast fenders and smaller bike parts for cheap... I think they just like seeing the 50’s and 60’s bike I build. You know the kind ... they do work on hot rods and classic American made cars! Ive got 4 bikes i want to paint and will do the 1950 schwinn last! After the learning curve has flattened!

Ive seen the paint and stencils... and ive followed projects from other cabers. But alas i have no garage! I do plan to build a paint box behind my 9x12 shed full of bikes. Ive done some ok stuff with cans! And i am close to a sweet auto resto shop and the owner digs the bikes ive shown him! They will media blast fenders and smaller bike parts for cheap... I think they just like seeing the 50’s and 60’s bike I build. You know the kind ... they do work on hot rods and classic American made cars! Ive got 4 bikes i want to paint and will do the 1950 schwinn last! After the learning curve has flattened!
Yep ol'guys love the vintage stuff and even seeing younger guys (being 36) dig those eras and putting our spin on it or doing things they were doin' custom back then to keep their history goin' too. Usually you can work a deal if they're ever spraying a color you like that they can spray stuff for you at free to little of nothing. Especially if you have it all stripped & prepped ready to go .... I just haven't been that lucky or even patient so I just work with the rattle cans and it gets as much effort as need be to keep me content. I don't own show bikes, they all ride or get set aside for parts or projects someday.

Sorry my bad... the pump is off topic! I thought i was in the “ work space” thread! But it is purdy neat! And i love it! My dad had one in his work space back when i was a skinny blond kid riding all over cupertino ca! My whole life was bikes and skateboarding when this pump was originally sold! When i got it last week .... brought it home and hung it on my work space wall ... i just stared at it for about 20 minutes! And could remember patching tires with one of those old kits that you had to light on fire and it would melt the patch to the tube! Good times!!! Ill post some ideas im playing around with later and get back on topic! Bill in bama!

Back