When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can somebody identify this bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You have a beautiful example of a well built machine. A tiny bit of oil in the rear hub and your rolling. Honestly, if you're looking to sell, you'll be lucky to get $100 out of it. Right now is a good time to sell though. Lots of eager buyers out there.

You have a beautiful example of a well built machine. A tiny bit of oil in the rear hub and your rolling. Honestly, if you're looking to sell, you'll be lucky to get $100 out of it. Right now is a good time to sell though. Lots of eager buyers out there.

Thanks for the information, but for $100.00 I'll hang it on the wall and think of her every time I look at it.

Jeff

Yeah. I would hang on to it. It's a beautiful bike. Priceless sentimental value. If you do add oil to the hub you should use a light 20 weight and not regular 3-in-1. If you need any tune up tips just ask.

Yeah. I would hang on to it. It's a beautiful bike. Priceless sentimental value. If you do add oil to the hub you should use a light 20 weight and not regular 3-in-1. If you need any tune up tips just ask.

Thanks for the info and the offer. I'm wondering - the shifter and brakes are very stiff - should I try to oil the cables? If so, with what and how?

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks for the info and the offer. I'm wondering - the shifter and brakes are very stiff - should I try to oil the cables? If so, with what and how?

Thanks,

Jeff
If it were mine I would want to diagnose what might be sticky. If you loosen the nut holding the brake cable at the caliper you can see if the cable slides easily in the housing and if the caliper arms move freely. If either is sticking I guess I might try a drop of oil on the calipers at the pivot point where the bolt holds them together. The type of oil isn't as important here, maybe even WD40. If the cable is sticking in the housing I might pull it out of the housing and check it for any rust, and replace the cable if needed. It looks so clean though so I can't imagine it would be too bad.
At the hub you could pull on the little chain that goes into it with your hand to check for freedom of movement there. Sometimes you'll have to pedal a little to get the hub in the ready-to-shift sweet spot. A few drops of oil into the port on the shell may help. There is a 20 weight 3-in-1 oil with a blue label that is good for these hubs, just don't use the regular 3-in-1 as it can gunk up after sitting a while.

If it were mine I would want to diagnose what might be sticky. If you loosen the nut holding the brake cable at the caliper you can see if the cable slides easily in the housing and if the caliper arms move freely. If either is sticking I guess I might try a drop of oil on the calipers at the pivot point where the bolt holds them together. The type of oil isn't as important here, maybe even WD40. If the cable is sticking in the housing I might pull it out of the housing and check it for any rust, and replace the cable if needed. It looks so clean though so I can't imagine it would be too bad.
At the hub you could pull on the little chain that goes into it with your hand to check for freedom of movement there. Sometimes you'll have to pedal a little to get the hub in the ready-to-shift sweet spot. A few drops of oil into the port on the shell may help. There is a 20 weight 3-in-1 oil with a blue label that is good for these hubs, just don't use the regular 3-in-1 as it can gunk up after sitting a while.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that when I get a chance.

Jeff

The girls was offered in Blue for 56 Christmas.

1593879591555.png

Last edited:
The girls was offered in Blue for 56 Christmas.

Thanks, that helps a lot. The blue color identifies it as a '56 only bike. The description also mentions the 'colored tread' on the tires, which backs up what she said about it coming with blue tires. More information all the time.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that when I get a chance.

Jeff
That looks like a pretty fine bike. Deluxe package with chrome stainless steel fenders plus all the chrome on every thing else is good stuff. What the heck, it looks like the Flamboyant paint is candy just like Schwinn's. I mean, in the chips, it appears as though there's red lead primer then a silver or aluminum and top coat of translucent blue, candy!

All those additions including tool box nice chromed light, it all looks quite fine.

Down side is 'It's a Girl! ' And, There's not much desire for something like this, girl or boy. Yet many girl' bikes get parted out to make a boy. And unlike some bikes, your fork appears to fit a boy's too. Another downside of this bike is; sex change.. But, Dang, the fenders look new which is surprising for all the paint chips that indicate, it's been ridden quite a bit and the strong chrome withstands scratching.

IDK but there might be more interest in a road bike forum, maybe but, otherwise, it's not a very popular bike but, I think it should be, for all the virtual deluxe parts not 'just another' 50's lightweight.

Back