When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What types of paint are you using?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I use a ppg products...you can get in a single stage color but u need to use a ppg primer.. if you chose a different brand u need to use that brands primer.. dont mix brands. Going custom paint costs more.. last ...please dont use that crappy krylon rattle can paint.. its just plain junk.. used for cheap fixes small house hold projects and wont last.. auto paints are durable if done correctly and can be touched up easily if you chip it.
Nothing wrong with Krylon if you know how to use it. I am sick of being insulted every f#&f&$g time I try to respond to someone’s question. PPG is very expensive and scratches almost as easy as the cheap stuff. Everyone is an expert on this site, and I am glad I never listened to any of their advice.

KRYLON is just fine,
1594227809189.png

Nothing wrong with Krylon if you know how to use it. I am sick of being insulted every f#&f&$g time I try to respond to someone’s question. PPG is very expensive and scratches almost as easy as the cheap stuff. Everyone is an expert on this site, and I am glad I never listened to any of their advice.

Yup

Your Iver Johnson is beautiful! You did a great job painting it!
Going with spray cans, I am limited to the colors that are available from one companies product line. I’m concerned that switching brands to get the colors I need might not work out the way I want it to, and end up trashing my decals. I don’t know. I haven’t the experience painting with trial and error.
The last time I painted a bike was at least 40 years ago. I know paints have changed since then.
I never heard of PPG products.
Will it harm vintage water slide decals? This is my biggest concern!
You can see the bike I’m going to paint if you’re interested:

Thanks for the replies to my thread!
I really don’t want to mess up this project.

Cant help it.. its cheap $$%% ..cant paint painters use it.just plain cheap crap...oh ya id use krylon lol on my frame off resto TA.. :0

Wow. Id better watch out on the sale section from now on... :0:0:0 I painted my 1968 in krylon tooo lol.

Last edited:
I did Pebble Beach restorations for over 35 years. After all that time I used every brand. Never liked PPG. Every other major quality brand outperformed it. My opinion.
They have a huge presence and hype in the hot rod world. Anything that comes out of a gun is expensive. If the Krylon works for you than go for it!

Back