When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn find: a couple of old bikes and a whizzer motor?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
John,the sportsman bike would be 1900's-1910,the oversized frame bike 1890-1895 the engine looks to be british or european does not look american made. you can get an ideal of what the bicycles are worth if you look through these past catalogs at this link: https://www.copakeauction.com/bicycles-splash/bicycle-catalogs/ and welcome to the cabe.

Thank you for your valuable information! I used to receive a photocopy of bicycle classified in the mail back in the 90's that I believe was the CABE. Great to be back! :)
I'll take a look at the catalogue to see what the bicycles are worth. Getting lots of messages!
Cheers!
John

Other than w rat turd collector, what is this thing? Seriously, Is it an engine? Where's a carburetor, exhaust manifold, type of starter, kick start, push or? what are the pipes doing, air vacuum TOC pre carburetor air or vacuum flow thingy or rather distribution for regulation of a liquid hydraulic pressure fluid?? ? Pistons? and crank?

What are the labels by maker or patent assignments on it? Does it appear to be mountable on a bike? I mean, it kind of has dimensions to mount within a frame, maybe hang on top bar for support, but??

Lets see more photos front, back, sides, top bottom etc. , closer identification of what the heck purpose are. B/C, if it's actually an engine fitted for a bike frame, esdpeccily that tall frame ya got. then screw Wizzer as, if it's actually an engine, it' may be way older than that, like turn of the century (TOC) , 1905-1915-20 thing-a-ma-jig and potentially much greater value for the set.. way, way more.

I mean, I am no expert or experience of pre simplified carburetor systems as Ford, or other manufacture USA competitors others or French, European early engine variations, or? could have created, but, it looks dimensional, triangulated and narrow enough to fit a bike frame and perhaps the pipes are for regulation of air and gas. worth looking into, see if somebody can positively identify its means. Maybe a farm equipment dust sprayer thingy, and not an actual engine yet, worth an investigation to be sure. Even a dust or liquid spreader, poison blower fitted for a bicycle or motorcycle then,, an accessory, you're in the right, not as valued as an engine may be but, right place too.

15804224_321197075727781_2158509361898347912_n-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Other than w rat turd collector, what is this thing? Seriously, Is it an engine? Where's a carburetor, exhaust manifold, type of starter, kick start, push or? what are the pipes doing, air vacuum TOC pre carburetor air or vacuum flow thingy or rather distribution for regulation of a liquid hydraulic pressure fluid?? ? Pistons? and crank?

What are the labels by maker or patent assignments on it? Does it appear to be mountable on a bike? I mean, it kind of has dimensions to mount within a frame, maybe hang on top bar for support, but??

Lets see more photos front, back, sides, top bottom etc. , closer identification of what the heck purpose are. B/C, if it's actually an engine fitted for a bike frame, esdpeccily that tall frame ya got. then screw Wizzer as, if it's actually an engine, it' may be way older than that, like turn of the century (TOC) , 1905-1915-20 thing-a-ma-jig and potentially much greater value for the set.. way, way more.

Not sure if it was on the tall boy frame, but I believe the tall frame is a Crescent from about 1895, so like the noted, the engine may be pretty old too. I'll try and get all of the stuff out of the barn rafters this week and get some better pictures (after cleaning out the mouse turds!).

I mean, I am no expert or experience of pre simplified carburetor systems as Ford, or other manufacture USA competitors others or French, European early engine variations, or? could have created, but, it looks dimensional, triangulated and narrow enough to fit a bike frame and perhaps the pipes are for regulation of air and gas. worth looking into, see if somebody can positively identify its means. Maybe a farm equipment dust sprayer thingy, and not an actual engine yet, worth an investigation to be sure. Even a dust or liquid spreader, poison blower fitted for a bicycle or motorcycle then,, an accessory, you're in the right, not as valued as an engine may be but, right place too.

View attachment 1232670

looks somewhat complete ... was a thread about them here a few years ago

Back