When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 3 Speed - $360 - Madison WI

-

rennfaron

Wore out three sets of tires already!
"can't get the bolts to budge..." :rolleyes:
Should clean up nice, if you can get the bolts to budge

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.01.35 AM.png
:p

Gotta love a woman trying to fix up her old Schwinn. Hope she didn't round off all the bolt heads. :tonguewink: What's up with that shifter?

Yah, but it's on a 1958 Corvette. I thought the Austrian hubs showed up on the 59 models in third quarter production?
Maybe originally it had a Sturmey-Archer SW that was replaced under warranty? I wonder why they can't get the bolts to budge? I don't see much rust at all, so that's not the problem.

Maybe originally it had a Sturmey-Archer SW that was replaced under warranty? I wonder why they can't get the bolts to budge? I don't see much rust at all, so that's not the problem.

She probably tried to take off a pedal, left side, and couldn't break it loose and gave up. She should have unloosened it. :tonguewink: Note the nylon bolt cap on the front caliper.

She probably tried to take off a pedal, left side, and couldn't break it loose and gave up. She should have unloosened it. :tonguewink: Note the nylon bolt cap on the front caliper.
When you find nylon nut caps still intact it typically is a good sign. Look how clean the beehive springs are too. The rust on that shifter is not consistent with the wear and rust on the rest of the bike... Could have been swapped out with something later on and the Austrian shifter was pulled from another used bike.

Thanks for posting! Think this came with struts instead of front rack? No front light, if it was there to begin with. Fenders appear too clean, probably new. Bugs me when sellers shave off the rear fender in the pics so I can’t see the reflector; doesn’t appear to be one.

It’s missing the front rack, clamp still present. Fenders look like the correct stainless ones to me. There would have been a battery operated Delta ball light mounted on the stem.

Back