When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

can any one help identify this bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinn564

Look Ma, No Hands!
was given to me by a friend at first I thought it was a colnago from pics but when i got its not and some dip poop painted it with a fix can I’m wondering can any one tell what this was it’s a super light steel frame.

7CD50C74-9DEB-4EE7-8133-A45476111EDE.jpeg

2478E708-8DFD-40FC-8C2A-9BEDCC3993DB.jpeg

Hmm, looking like a mix of available parts. What does that crank arm say? what's the rear derailleur? I'm gonna age it as late 70's maybe 1980 and say that something about it says England. What are rims, hubs, and the rear dropouts are probably marked also. If you can see the outside of BB cups, look for numbers--35 x 1 would be a French bike. 36-24 would be Italian. 1.375 x 24 is gonna be english, Japanese. It has some nice touches

thanks i will check that tomorrow morn
Hmm, looking like a mix of available parts. What does that crank arm say? what's the rear derailleur? I'm gonna age it as late 70's maybe 1980 and say that something about it says England. What are rims, hubs, and the rear dropouts are probably marked also. If you can see the outside of BB cups, look for numbers--35 x 1 would be a French bike. 36-24 would be Italian. 1.375 x 24 is gonna be english, Japanese. It has some nice touches

Well definitely a frankenbike. Somebody tried to put quality parts of any and every kind onto that frame. So Suntour dropouts would show up on some European stuff from the time period I mentioned. (Raleigh super course had them in about 77). BUT, I don't think it's from Europe, I think it's a 1980 NISHIKI INTERNATIONAL. It is an interesting example of a bike built in a pivotal moment. On the one hand, there are the "fancy" (Nervex copy) lugs that want to keep the bike in the 70's. BUT then there are the brazed cable guides of newer machines. And of course, the Suntour dropouts and Tange fork-relative new-comers to the scene. As the name International implies they were trying for a Euro look. Within a couple of years, pretty much all Japanese lugs would be fairly plain but sleek and good looking in there own way.. If I'm right about the frame(most certainly could be wrong), I would think the frame would be of pretty good value to fans of Japanese stuff. The Araya rim is possibly original. The crank was probably Sugino, and the rear derailleur was Suntour Cyclone,

the gold arrow shifters are so cool looking bummed 1 side is missing i’m looking up nishikis to see if i can get any good pics of the lugs thanks so much for info

Back