When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atom 1950s rear riveted 40h track type hub.

-

fatbike

Enjoying my 37 Colson Commander
From what I understand is: Atom produced a high flange type track hub in the 1950's which had the flanges riveted to the hub in a very similar fashion to that of the 'Prior' large flange riveted hub of the 32/40 hole version. Very limited information on these hubs, I know not a high end, but I like to see some examples. Anybody know anything else about them? Perhaps does anyone have a front 36h example or available? Thank you.

IMG_2103.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg

IMG_2105.jpeg

IMG_2106.jpeg

-----

It would have been produced in the Etablissements Maurice Maillard facility located in Incheville.

The companion front would have more likely been a thirty-two hole rather than a thirty-six.

Here is a photo from an exposition held in 2016 to honour Maillard products through the years. The firm was founded in 1909.

Prior is also one of the company's badges. Advert of 1950 -

[image from google who got it from veloretrocourse forum]

-----

Last edited:
-----

It would have been produced in the Etablissements Maurice Maillard facility located in Incheville.

Very cool. Thank you @juvela That is one big hub on the table. The companion front would have more likely been a thirty-two hole rather than a thirty-six.

Here is a photo from an exposition held in 2016 to honour Maillard products through the years. The firm was founded in 1909.

View attachment 1260191

Prior is also one of the company's badges. Advert of 1950 -

View attachment 1259920

[image from google who got it from veloretrocourse forum]

-----

-----

drillings -

it was common at the time of the subject hub for hubs and rims to be sold in sets of 32/40 drilling

an arrangement especially popular in Britain

---

in addition to the well known hubs, pedals, cogs and gear blocks Maillard was also a producer of brakes under the LAM name -

LAM brakes shown in Gentil et Cie catalogue of 1939 -

-----

-----

drillings -

it was common at the time of the subject hub for hubs and rims to be sold in sets of 32/40 drilling

an arrangement especially popular in Britain

---

in addition to the well known hubs, pedals, cogs and gear blocks Maillard was also a producer of brakes under the LAM name -

View attachment 1260483

LAM brakes shown in Gentil et Cie catalogue of 1939 -

View attachment 1260503

-----
Very cool stuff!

Back