When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950’s German-raced track bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tacochris

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Ok so its not much of a “bike” at the moment but still a hell of a piece of history so I wanted to share it.
This is a French-made true brakeless track bike raced by a the Radebeul Germany team some time in the late 50’s into the early 60’s. Aside from the original paint and hand-painted graphics the coolest parts of this frame-set are the rider and team name painted on the top tube and the modified Nervex lugs.
Im gonna have to sell my soul to build this thing up but i want to build it right. Original running gear was said to be inch-pitch so it will be fun to gather all that together.
I saved this bike from being a bar-hopping hipster fixie....
Enjoy...

BF93670B-A268-401B-B9B3-9BC6CC8E2D52.jpeg

D98613B3-8AD4-47C7-BD0F-44D1E81A72E7.jpeg

F469B371-E529-4519-90C4-5F7BB3CE0F38.jpeg

A001CAAF-5009-4EEF-AAD5-B33357E9914B.jpeg

3311F3D1-97AB-4215-8FFC-BFF3E8A60B88.jpeg

313A30B6-94E3-47BF-BBF3-C9C88ADED51F.jpeg

0AB9EBCE-661E-4F93-8882-C4157D115F7A.jpeg

881C1A67-5000-4D95-9FB5-2024DDF20379.jpeg

6840BB33-0A80-4F0B-8273-6E9A6507CEA9.jpeg

89062A7B-F6E6-4056-B9DB-24E07789D397.jpeg

09A1D83F-3278-49DC-AEAE-39295EB415B9.jpeg

2EDE5670-BBFB-4950-9A64-E9AE0C42A66C.jpeg

7C99FDDA-9F78-487A-9E53-2FCA9C9ED80E.jpeg

B76C2194-05E8-456A-83B4-C0F77D63BD79.jpeg

-----

Thanks very much for posting - wonderful item! ;)

8-0-8 is one of the many tubesets from Ateliers de La Rive.

The NERVEX shell exhibits nozzle cuts 158 - 159

-----

Last edited:
-----

Thanks very much for posting - wonderful item! ;)

8-0-8 is one of the many tubesets from Ateliers de La Rive.

The NERVEX shell exhibits nozzle cuts 158 - 159

-----
Hey thanks for responding! Ive had alot of trouble gaining information on this frame-set so its been alot of investigating and searching and talking to experts. Any info i get on the details is always awesome!

-----

nothing unusual about mixing frame bits...

think of all the millions of machines produced with BOCAMA or NERVEX lug sets which exhibit VAGNER crowns, even though both BOCAMA and NERVEX made crowns of their own,...and perhaps a shell from RGF, EDA or other maker...

imagine a builder independent minded enough to modify lugs - they would certainly think nothing of mixing frame bits ;)

-----

-----

nothing unusual about mixing frame bits...

think of all the millions of machines produced with BOCAMA or NERVEX lug sets which exhibit VAGNER crowns, even though both BOCAMA and NERVEX made crowns of their own,...and perhaps a shell from RGF, EDA or other maker...

imagine a builder independent minded enough to modify lugs - they would certainly think nothing of mixing frame bits ;)

-----
Thats really cool man, i appreciate you dropping some knowledge on the thread. Always like being able to put together more on the background of the frame-set.

Wonder if this could be the "Schreiber" painted on the top tube?

Bernd Schreiber (born 19 September 1948 in Berlin) is a former German cyclist.

SPORTING CAREER
Schreiber has been active in cycling since 1962. At the 1966 East German Championships of Youth Class A, he won both the title in the single-pursuit and in the team pursuit. He won two titles in the children's and youth division races. He started for SC Dynamo Berlin. His coach in the youth classes was Peter Becker, who later also coached Jan Ullrich.

Schreiber became East German champion in team pursuit in 1967, 1968 and 1970 (among others with Heinz Richter, who was also a member of the foursome at all three championships). In 1969, he and his team finished second in the championship. In the same year he was called up to the national team of the GDR and started at the UCI Track World Championships in team pursuit, with his team finishing 5th. His best result in the single pursuit at the GDR championships was the fifth place in 1969. In 1971 he ended his competitive sports career.

PROFESSIONAL
After his career Schreiber opened a bicycle shop in Birkenwerder near Berlin.

Wonder if this could be the "Schreiber" painted on the top tube?

Bernd Schreiber (born 19 September 1948 in Berlin) is a former German cyclist.

SPORTING CAREER
Schreiber has been active in cycling since 1962. At the 1966 East German Championships of Youth Class A, he won both the title in the single-pursuit and in the team pursuit. He won two titles in the children's and youth division races. He started for SC Dynamo Berlin. His coach in the youth classes was Peter Becker, who later also coached Jan Ullrich.

Schreiber became East German champion in team pursuit in 1967, 1968 and 1970 (among others with Heinz Richter, who was also a member of the foursome at all three championships). In 1969, he and his team finished second in the championship. In the same year he was called up to the national team of the GDR and started at the UCI Track World Championships in team pursuit, with his team finishing 5th. His best result in the single pursuit at the GDR championships was the fifth place in 1969. In 1971 he ended his competitive sports career.

PROFESSIONAL
After his career Schreiber opened a bicycle shop in Birkenwerder near Berlin.
Good eye Mr Jimbo!
Funny enough, im a research hound and in the weeks following getting this frame-set I researched until my eyes bled and spoke to museums etc and i came back with the same possible racer! I studied his racing carrier but never found any mention of the Radebeul Germany team. So my only real conclusion i could come up with is that if this is in fact the right guy, this bike predates his documented racing carrier. So i basically only have the match of his last name and country or racing origin.
I have considered locating the bike shop and emailing him pictures of the frame and writing to see but just never got around to it.

Back