When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick riding? No problem when you're 17.

-

MP12965

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_20201004_211426_802.jpg
20201004_210805.jpg

@MP12965 I know I wouldn't do some of the things I used to do from 13-18 yrs old on bicycles now. I am only 36 but I have scars and even a chipped tooth from jus' not bein' smart enough at the time to think about using the open end of a 15mm on an old Huffy racing bmx while tightening the rear wheel. The stunt stuff could have paralyzed me for life; jumping '76 ford ltds, ditch launches & other show off fun

@MP12965 I know I wouldn't do some of the things I used to do from 13-18 yrs old on bicycles now. I am only 36 but I have scars and even a chipped tooth from jus' not bein' smart enough at the time to think about using the open end of a 15mm on an old Huffy racing bmx while tightening the rear wheel. The stunt stuff could have paralyzed me for life; jumping '76 ford ltds, ditch launches & other show off fun
Seemed like a good idea at the time;)

Hahaha & it was an adrenaline rush am I right? Good ol'days and fearlessness of bein' a teenager. Now I wonder how I get cut & how long it's going to take to heal. Not to mention seeing so many skateboard & bike fails via tv/youtube jus' equals Ouch!
That bike is still part of the collection, to this very day ( with a restoration ). I don't do trick riding anymore.

20161015_091923.jpg

Since your thread seems officially hijacked....I stumbled upon this earlier.
This lady could give some of the freestyle BMXers at California Piers a run for their money and drop some serious jaws.
I think she was doing this in the early 80s.

Since your thread seems officially hijacked....I stumbled upon this earlier.
This lady could give some of the freestyle BMXers at California Piers a run for their money and drop some serious jaws.
I think she was doing this in the early 80s.
Lilly Yokoi on ABC's "Hollywood Palace" 1965 (she was already retired in the 80's)

Back