When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Phantom...original? I don't know...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It isn't a 59 but a pretty nice bike for $900 compared to what you see listed for $1,300 - $1,600 or so....I think it's worth what he is asking. Come up a hundred and ask him to come down a hundred. Locally I would be all over it.

At 68 I'd tell my girlfriend I have lived long enough to do what I want to do. She would have a choice not me.
Sounds like a conversation my G/F and I had about a week ago, just before my '37 Dayton showed up. Then I went out and bought a vintage 1963 Fender Tremolux amplifier following an Ebay purchase of a Gibson Les Paul guitar. Last count ( it's not a race/contest, I can't help myself, no one else will?) 21 bicycles, 11 guitars, 5 amps and I'm only 63. Do you think I made my point? I made my choice.

Some pics under comment #24. Please don't think I'm "boasting" about my insanity to buy neat stuff, or what I have because that's not my intent. I've been at this about 40 years/finally retired, and my stuff is a fraction of what some people have, can afford, or justify. I drive ( I do have a nice '57 Nash) a 2005 rusted Chev Venture van, and live a pretty simple life, just spent what I have on cool stuff. I think many can relate. At the end of the day, it's just "stuff" and I'd sell it in a minute to help family/friends needs if it came to that. Health and Love and freedom in your life is what's valuable.

Last edited:
A 1959 Phantom would have the bolt through springer not the earlier version as this bicycle does - and the serial number would be on the rear dropout ..

Back