When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Phantom...original? I don't know...

-
It isn't a 59 but a pretty nice bike for $900 compared to what you see listed for $1,300 - $1,600 or so....I think it's worth what he is asking. Come up a hundred and ask him to come down a hundred. Locally I would be all over it.

At 68 I'd tell my girlfriend I have lived long enough to do what I want to do. She would have a choice not me.
Sounds like a conversation my G/F and I had about a week ago, just before my '37 Dayton showed up. Then I went out and bought a vintage 1963 Fender Tremolux amplifier following an Ebay purchase of a Gibson Les Paul guitar. Last count ( it's not a race/contest, I can't help myself, no one else will?) 21 bicycles, 11 guitars, 5 amps and I'm only 63. Do you think I made my point? I made my choice.

Some pics under comment #24. Please don't think I'm "boasting" about my insanity to buy neat stuff, or what I have because that's not my intent. I've been at this about 40 years/finally retired, and my stuff is a fraction of what some people have, can afford, or justify. I drive ( I do have a nice '57 Nash) a 2005 rusted Chev Venture van, and live a pretty simple life, just spent what I have on cool stuff. I think many can relate. At the end of the day, it's just "stuff" and I'd sell it in a minute to help family/friends needs if it came to that. Health and Love and freedom in your life is what's valuable.

Last edited:
A 1959 Phantom would have the bolt through springer not the earlier version as this bicycle does - and the serial number would be on the rear dropout ..

Back