When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motobecane Gran Jubile

-
On my '74 International, with oval and uncrimped 531 chainstays, Raleigh intentionally placed the chainstay bridge so there was no room to install a kickstand.
If you want a kickstand, a good aftermarket is Upstand, which clips to your seat tube, and fits a magnet boss beneath your rear wheel Q/R
(note you can buy it cheaper from Amazon than Upstand website and RockBros make their less-expensive copy)
View attachment 1289739
Not to hijack this thread, but curious how you rate this particular stand? I have a touring bike with Tange 2 tubing and don't currently use a stand, but if this could handle some weight it might be a good addition. In general, I don't use kickstands on any of my bikes, all use butted thin tubing so that's not a good option.

no worries, I have them on two of my bikes (Moser Forma and International), and put one on my daughter's bike (Team Fuji) - they work surprisingly well, especially on a road bike.
My International is built up like a rando with 32mm tires, full fenders, and it likes the slightly longer City/29-er Upstand.
When I have a front bag on my bikes, I use a velcro strap on the front wheel and downtube, because if your fork swings with the top weight of a bag, it can actually cause the bike to flip over the stand.
I will add when my Grand Prix was set up for full tour, I used the double Esge - super stable and completely vertical.

Last edited:
I tried one of the chainstay mount stands but it's too big for the Jubile's delicate tubing. Got another one that mounts next to the bottom bracket and looks like it will fit fine, but I have to remove the rear wheel first and I didn't feel like doing that yesterday.
I might just leave it as is. It's so light compared to my other bike (1989 GT Talera), I'm loathe to add anything other than a small rando bag, bell, speedo.

As I mentioned, the Upstand and RockBros copy don't clamp to anything.
There is a magnet boss that goes under your rear wheel Q/R lever (the boss is steel, the magnet is in the stand)

upstand_fast_bike_stand.jpg

The plastic tab that keeps the stand clips beneath your bottle cage.

Last edited:
Back