When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I enjoy customizing old Schwinn lightweights and other brands to my liking for todays standards and use.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fatbike

Enjoying my 37 Colson Commander
I picked up this 1970 root beer brown super sport, color I will call it. Added modern Sunrims 27" with new hubs, Panaracer gum wall, five speed cog, one single Schwinn shifter lever at the headset, BB is a sleeve to add a lightweight crank, note one silver and one black arm side:), VO city bars, Wald basket, brooks seat, and a touch of non super sport products such as brown Schwinn grips and custom fitted 27" Suburban brown fender guards; wanted to look like a suburban kind of. A great in town ride for sure. OF course chain to prevent easy consumption of seat from bike thieves, a deterrent is. My theory, make the bike next to you look easier to steel, not yours. I worked it,I have just under 300- on this bike, way less of an investment locked outside then my other rides.

IMG_2535.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting, but there is one thing that will attract us bike parts thieves. If I walked past your bike and had my Swiss Army wrench set I'd be heisting that Brooks saddle in a heart beat, but it looks like you have it chained to the bike. Hope that chain doesn't have a quick link. :p

Interesting, but there is one thing that will attract us bike parts thieves. If I walked past your bike and had my Swiss Army wrench set I'd be heisting that Brooks saddle in a heart beat, but it looks like you have it chained to the bike. Hope that chain doesn't have a quick link. :p
Not a quick link, not a perfect world, just a deterrent, I use a seat cover when parked as well.I had a cheep seat, but the damn thing was not fun.

Back