When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elgin work in progress.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Demzie

Wore out three sets of tires already!

(1940-'41 Elgin Curve Mast ft. 1957 Evan's Action Springer)

Bars are next once the steer tube has been cut and rethreaded with new length.

Erin

I always thought the Evanaction was the craziest (cool) looking spring fork ever made. Interested to see here this goes. V/r Shawn
It's a shame as a "Springer" fork it's purely aesthetic save for a little rubber grommet but the look is worth the lack of function (and added weight) to me. It's definitely wild and depending how this one goes, I'll be making a series of bikes that utilize the curved mast and an Evan's Action.

I'll definitely post on occasion for updates on this. Keep me in your rear view mirror.

Erin

It's a shame as a "Springer" fork it's purely aesthetic save for a little rubber grommet but the look is worth the lack of function (and added weight) to me. It's definitely wild and depending how this one goes, I'll be making a series of bikes that utilize the curved mast and an Evan's Action.

I'll definitely post on occasion for updates on this. Keep me in your rear view mirror.

Erin
Those springs don't really do anything, I was a little surprised by that.....sooooo, I found replacement conical springs for mine. Much, much better.....for my super-secret-soon to be-project already in the works!

Good luck on this project.....

Those springs don't really do anything, I was a little surprised by that.....sooooo, I found replacement conical springs for mine. Much, much better.....for my super-secret-soon to be-project already in the works!

Good luck on this project.....
I appreciate that, thanks.
Yea, Kind of a shame about the springs but I'm building a bike purely off Aesthetic like a Barris than something of comfort. I have a feeling itll be enjoyable to ride, but not really built for long term cruises.

Erin

I appreciate that, thanks.
Yea, Kind of a shame about the springs but I'm building a bike purely off Aesthetic like a Barris than something of comfort. I have a feeling itll be enjoyable to ride, but not really built for long term cruises.

Erin
That's cool.... I am working towards the same goal as you..... Lot's of "Curves" going on with mine....With some very different stuff also.....Can't wait to see what you do...
Maybe I get get some inspirations beyond my mental capacity.....

Back