When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boys / Girls Truss Rod Fitment Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JLF

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Need some expert knowledge please.

I believe these boys Truss Rods are actually from a girls bike? Should the top mount be below the fork top nut?

If so, would I trim and rethread the rods the exact amount they are higher than the bottom of the top nut? How otherwise would I know how much to trim off?

Thank you CABE!

630BE001-2D2A-483B-9D63-B9208B33CA52.jpeg
33AD98D1-9D55-408F-BE0D-577BA4CFC9FC.jpeg
3731D166-6E79-46FC-ACE0-E7B1D505C861.jpeg

Yes they should mount below the top nut

How about you fit the rods below the top nut first. There should be a flat section at the bottom at the axle holes. If there is enough space, drill a hole above the existing hole, that matches the existing hole, and grind the bottom part off. I would get the measurements from a boys rods first or have it with you as you do the work to compare

Last edited:
Easy fix,get some Colson struts, every brand is different. Oh ya, Colson boys & girls are the same length!

Last edited:
The bike is a Colson, so yeah I should that that. Thanks! Interesting that both boys and girls are the same.

Back