When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Bluebird

-
I found a replacement fork, courtesy of @higgens. Definitely an improvement over the freeze cracked and rusty original, but it still needed some considerable rework. It had been repaired with sections of new metal and was not the correct profile, nor was it in alignment with the steer tube. The last photo shows how much correction was necessary from the side profile alone.
View attachment 1234392

View attachment 1234393

View attachment 1234394
[/Asides
Some tig welding and grinding. Then some more tig welding and grinding. Also started to fill in some of the holes around the battery door.

View attachment 1232957

View attachment 1232958

View attachment 1232959
some people might have know it wasn't all rust that your fixing: the tank had a few bullet holes in it from county boys target practice or something along those lines, ... the fenders were removed when they had a small motor-cycle compatible engine of some sort and a small gas tank fixed to the frame ( I kept the gas tank ) no idea why the fenders were pulled because of it I think they just thought it looked cool? No one knows ... tbut no engine was found Attached when I got to it as it was pulled a long time ago , they used to ride it in the dirt roads back in the 1950's and through the field guess it had a lot of good times in it's second life as Motor-bicycle and now your giving it a new beginning .. I'm really enjoying the repairs just thought I'd toss in some of the stuff I knew about it.

Man you do some really FINE WORK , you are a true craftsman & perfectionist , love it when people take pride in their work , dont see that much anymore , glad their are still a few of us left , GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!

A couple years ago @JAF/CO traced this pattern from an original Bluebird speedometer retainer. This will be the second retainer plate I’ve made from it.

View attachment 1244352

View attachment 1244350

'
What happens when you have a speedo that the cable doesn't screws under the speedo but at the lower side? It need that bracket too?

IMG_7815.JPG

Last edited:
Back