When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot PX-10...just picked it up!

-
Beautiful bikes! I've always been a Raleigh guy, but these are very appealing! Are they really smooth riders? Comfortable? Great quality?

Like I said in a separate Post on the Blue PX-10, that's the bike that got me into bikes 30 years ago. Who knew! :p

I Collect and ride nearly everything I find that I like. Its gotten to the point where I now enjoy bringing them back to life as much, if not more, than riding them. Eye candy, if you will. Part of it is the challenge to see how much I can do to a bike that appears lost, or just to have something I don't see often or I know is rare...especially if it's my size. :tonguewink:

Some interesting history behind those DuPont delrin (acetal) derailleurs. I understand the material is strong under compression but not in tension which is in effect what it is in clamp area if FD. I believe Simplex was using delrin starting in 1962. Surprised they had not discovered these issues by early 70’s. Would love to hear from those of you “that were there.”

It's rare to see one of the FD's not cracked over time.
The FD on the U08 I gave my father's neighbor was still good, and the bike was my size, but the paint wasn't up to what I deemed good enough to keep. If it was an old Prewar bike that would have been different. But on a Road bike from this time period, I want it in much nicer condition. I'm a Paint Snob, lol!!

-----

small bits -

the machine's seat binder is ALGI brand
this firm produced also stem binders, stem expanders, crank cotters, pump hoses and cable fittings
they are yet in operation today although have not produced any cycle parts for several decades

the cables and cable casings come from the brand EJAC and were products of the firm Etablissements Jeunehomme

cycle came supplied with toe clips and toe straps
clips were Christophe brand and straps Lapize brand, both items manufactured by the firm AFA

original gear block Atom 5V

original drive chain SEDIS

handlebar end plug VELOX

---

mention made above of lugs -

while not the well known scrolly NERVEX Professional they are indeed NERVEX Professional

this advert illustrates frame's lugs, crown and shell

this pattern of lug was offered with and without the reinforcing lip and also with and without the cutouts

---

in case anyone is interested to see the small differences between the 1971 and 1972 model PX-10E there is a well detailed discussion thread here on a 1971 example which is completely original -

1204308-1971-peugeot-px-10-time-capsule.html

---

Juy use of Delrin as discussed above -

slowride's 1962 date spot on! ;)

first Prestige model rear mech to be made of the material was the model 532

manufacturer documents from 1963:

-----

-----

small bits -

the machine's seat binder is ALGI brand
this firm produced also stem binders, stem expanders, crank cotters, pump hoses and cable fittings
they are yet in operation today although have not produced any cycle parts for several decades

the cables and cable casings come from the brand EJAC and were products of the firm Etablissements Jeunehomme

cycle came supplied with toe clips and toe straps
clips were Christophe brand and straps Lapize brand, both items manufactured by the firm AFA

original gear block Atom 5V

original drive chain SEDIS

handlebar end plug VELOX

---

mention made above of lugs -

while not the well known scrolly NERVEX Professional they are indeed NERVEX Professional

this advert illustrates frame's lugs, crown and shell

this pattern of lug was offered with and without the reinforcing lip and also with and without the cutouts

View attachment 1304446

---

in case anyone is interested to see the small differences between the 1971 and 1972 model PX-10E there is a well detailed discussion thread here on a 1971 example which is completely original -

1204308-1971-peugeot-px-10-time-capsule.html

---

Juy use of Delrin as discussed above -

slowride's 1962 date spot on! ;)

first Prestige model rear mech to be made of the material was the model 532

manufacturer documents from 1963:

View attachment 1304449

View attachment 1304450

View attachment 1304451

-----
Very nice thank you Roger!
Those lugs look just like the one on my ‘82/83 Bertin C37 I just got from Verktyg over on Bikeforum. But tell me, if there were delrin failures any idea why they kept producing even a decade plus after starting in ‘62?
thanks, Steve

74D869B1-C33A-4ADE-A8FE-4E59D3398F72.jpeg

-----

Steve -

the head lugs on your Andy are a BOCAMA pattern

"Competition 76" with cutout pattern nr. r3

---

regarding Lucien -

have no idea why he stayed with Delrin so long

intransigence is one of the traits which contributed to the collapse of the nation's cycle industry

-----

-----

Steve -

the head lugs on your Andy are a BOCAMA pattern

"Competition 76" with cutout pattern nr. r3

View attachment 1304645View attachment 1304646

---

regarding Lucien -

have no idea why he stayed with Delrin so long

intransigence is one of the traits which contributed to the collapse of the nation's cycle industry

-----
Thank you Roger on lug ID (sorry Fred did not mean to divert your thread) ; never cease to amaze me with your ability to identify the most minute of details. Intransigence is good word to describe what happened. Read that later Juy had more steel and Aluminum but by then damage was done. I love the ‘62 blue and yellow Simplex logo. If I recall some Pugs had this color combo.

Back