When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Schwinn Lasalle Motorbike

-
That's been kicking around for awhile. Maybe another owner but has been around. Might of even been posted here a year or 2 ago, can't remember.

He should part it out, not like its an original bike or a great restoration anyway. He’d probably get more than his asking price if parted out anyway

LOL....that's the original CABE owner...Richard ( "I'm not a bike collector but I'm starting a new letter for
antique bikes just a publisher so I have no interest in skimming the bike listings that mail in!" his words, this was circa 1994......
next thing you know...Ol Richey boy is skimming the classified submissions that get mailed to him
to publish...and starts gobbling up bikes no one gets a chance to see in the classifieds!!! Hilarious!
Love that story ..true as heck... so funny...
He put himself on a pedestal as a "guy with no interest in the bike hobby, just publishing"....
.....some of the prior newsletters for the vintage bike hobby had bad reps as their collector publishers
were snagging the cool vintage goods before they would publish, IF they even published.
A friend of mine bought a near mint Ranger Champion from Richy Boy back then... probably
the nicest one in the hobby.
Richard (I have no interest in collecting bike but now I have a huge collection thanks to my newsletter) Truett!

Oh the good ol' days of bike collecting.

He should part it out, not like its an original bike or a great restoration anyway. He’d probably get more than his asking price if parted out anyway

Suprisingly? That was an original Alum gothic motorbike he found I think in FLA somewhere back then...
it was an original complete bike. I forget if it was housepaint or orig paint tho...
Sadly he had the highest priced and absolute worst restorer in the nation clear coat and ruin that bike..
CyclArt in Vista Calif.
CyclArt could do "ok" restorations on track and racing bikes...but they literally must have put on a
blindfold when they tackled balloon stuff. This particualr Motorbike surprisingly, looks better than
most of what I've seen.
A local Schwinn shop here would have them restore bikes... so I had the unfortunate local opportunity to
view the botched jobs first hand... hoooweee. And then you paid double what anyone else reputable would
charge.. Eeeeek!

Suprisingly? That was an original Alum gothic motorbike he found I think in FLA somewhere back then...
it was an original complete bike. I forget if it was housepaint or orig paint tho...
Sadly he had the highest priced and absolute worst restorer in the nation clear coat and ruin that bike..
CyclArt in Vista Calif.
CyclArt could do "ok" restorations on track and racing bikes...but they literally must have put on a
blindfold when they tackled balloon stuff. This particualr Motorbike surprisingly, looks better than
most of what I've seen.
A local Schwinn shop here would have them restore bikes... so I had the unfortunate local opportunity to
view the botched jobs first hand... hoooweee. And then you paid double what anyone else reputable would
charge.. Eeeeek!
My buddy has couple bikes CA did, one of them felt off when he went to ride it and they didn't put grease in anything! Everything was dry including hubs! When asked they said people only display these bike's and grease is bad!!! LMFAO

Back