When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Dayton Model D4 Motobike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’ve seen the D4 as a deluxe bike with tank, rack, and lights—would be a D4T model. I don’t think this particular bike originally had the deluxe stuff on it —nothing but desire and a checkbook standing in your way from making it happen! Have fun with it. V/r Shawn

A bit of an update on this one. @Mr. Monkeyarms was nice enough to help me straighten out the original crank. It looks a ton better and matches the patina of the bike. I painted the rack a while back. Got pretty close on the color but I wish I wouldn't have painted the whole rack then roughed it up by sanding but rather tried a light fogging, missing some spots so it's uneven. I did use some rusting solution after the sanding. I also picked up a pair of Silver rays and should have a fork mounting bracket coming soon. Still need a red faceted glass reflector.... I'm sure one will pop up soon enough. I do need to rebuild the Morrow hub. It doesn't stop great... Might need the brake sleeve replaced but I'll know better when I get it opened up. I have been riding it a bit.

20201017_112517.jpg

Screenshot_20200924-144848_Photo Editor.jpg

20200915_153030.jpg

20200922_124045.jpg

20200915_124410.jpg

20200908_144252.jpg

@Balloonoob Lookin' Good so far. As far as the texturing goes buddy; chunky sea or rock salt after spraying water on the rack & then mist your colors over that. The salt won't allow each coat to cover where ever it is, allow to dry/brush off & repeat for each coat or color as desired. They do models that way to give them that battle hardened look of paint knocked down to the different layers / metals

It’s really nice to see your progress. The rack is looking great and I can’t wait to see it sporty the dual Silver Rays (one of my dreams for a bike someday)! It’s also awesome that Mr. Monkeyarms was able to help out in salvaging the crank since it blends so well!

Back