When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Pedal-to-the-Metal" (#8) S.E. US SWAP MEET in Georgia DEC 5th 2020 (near Atlanta)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The weather forecast as of today is looking good.
Just now (Tues evening) watched the local weather forecasts from ATL channels 11 and 46 and BOTH agree that the rain on Friday should be passing by the end of the evening on Friday and clearing for SAT morning at the Event!
Morning start at around 40 degrees and and by afternoon Mid- 50's ... not too bad for early DEC in this area!
I would make your plans to come ... the weather will be cool ... but a great Swap Meet outlook! Cheers ! CCR Dave

Here is a Prewar SIMMONS DELMAR Curved Bar coming to Pedal to the Metal !
Forecasters still saying NO RAIN for Sat ! ..... Yay !! Cheers! CCR Dave

Simmons Hardware DELMAR Curved tube '40 or '41 .... Frame and Tank repainted .... Fenders / Rack / Fork / Chainguard Original Paint ... yes ... those came from a girls donor bike ALLSTATE Zig-Zag tread pattern tires ... SWAP MEET Price $750.00

Last edited:
I have had a few calls today ... YES! ... this Event is definitely ON !! .... The rain on Friday (while we are LOADING UP our goodies) WILL end overnight Friday (ALL Local weather forecasters agree!) ...
A chilly Start near 40 degrees ... and then SUN-rise!! ... YES ... Sunny and Mid to Upper 50's by afternoon !! YAY !!
I know for a fact that we have folks coming from BOTH North and South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee and of course:
all around GA !!
Since there has been such a "Drought" of Events like this ... and some Annual Events going into 2021 down here in the South, I hear are cancelled ... This should pull some pretty good numbers!! FYI >>> the NE GA Swap Meet ( http://negeorgiaswapmeet.com/ ) has been getting consistently record setting numbers each and every month this year ... it gains vendors and attendance, each and every month! (OUR Swap Meet is WITHIN this Larger Event !!)
Hope to see YOU here!! Cheers! CCR Dave

Last edited:
Looking forward to a big day! Got the van & trailer loaded with bikes, bike & automotive parts & other miscellaneous stuff! Hoping to see a lot of enthusiast from the Southeast! Freqman1, we'll be missing you, looking forward to your return, let your "crew" know if there's anything to be on the lookout for!

Great swap meet, Dave! COVID effected some of the turnout but lots of sellers with great bikes and parts. The weather was perfect! Happy holidays to everyone and let’s be safe out there so we can all gather for more vintage bike fun in 2021!!
Hello Jim! ... I agree 100% ... and a BIG Thank you for traveling all the way from the Charlotte area (3 Hours) to help make this so enjoyable and rewarding! Really thankful for the support ... and I believe you moved a few bikes out too! Cheers! Dave

Last edited:
Well, a lot of folks who said they would be there didn't show. All I can say is you missed out. I bought a good pile of stuff and sold a lot more than usual to the car show shoppers.
So true! ... and a BIG Thank you Joel and Alan, for making the 3-hrs + trip over from Birmingham, AL !! ... Yes we had some "New Shoppers" that strolled over from the "NE GA Swap Meet" and spent some money with us. As well as some folks, like Kent from Orlando FL, who traveled over 7 hrs. to purchase 3-4 bikes and some parts. I believe the spike in COVID-19 all over ... as well as the rainy day Friday kept some regulars away. But for those of us who took the risk ... it was a busy day and money was exchanging hands at a good rate! Cheers! Dave

Swap meet NOTES !! .... NEXT Year 2021 our 2 Events will be 1st SAT in MAY and 1st SAT in SEPT !!
(we are switching it up a bit)

A special note on a few "CABE regulars" WE MISSED yesterday (due to COVID concerns, being sick, working a project for our USA military service, or an important birthday celebration for his better half) .... missed you all:
@Phattiremike , @Roger honeycutt , @Freqman1 , @Kevin Crowe , @onecatahula , @bobbystillz

A side-note it was great to have Mark Gordon @auto1cycle2 join us from Greenville, SC (he scored a nice "in the raw" X-53 Project bike!)
It was great seeing Phil @deepsouth join us for the fun!

PICTURES!! ... I know many have been waiting! ... here are some with editorial comments courtesy of me :tonguewink:

I MISSED a few photo opps, because I kept getting sidetracked ... SO if I missed yours ... my apologies!

First up is my great buddy Chuck @Sprockets who is ALWAYS there at 5am helping me set-up physically (and mentally!;))

Next up is David @Toysoldier and his great brother, from Get A Grip who travels down from Cleveland, TN and is a consistent supporter of this Event

next up is Joel @JOEL who is another great, regular supporter of Pedal to the Metal from over 3 hours away !

next up are 2 great guys from the "Hurricane Coasters" club from Charlotte area (3 hrs+) John @Colby john and Jim @jimbo53
I really appreciate you guys coming down from Charlotte AND I know your "Bike Sales" went well yesterday! Cheers!

next up is an Atlanta well-known "Regular" who brings tons of goodies "Jeff Lo" and a couple from Woody's Bike Shop - Helen, GA

next up is a "Newcomer" nice fellow Jonathan, who came down here, all the way from well above Nashville with great prices on a bunch of goodies and a heavy dose of Schwinn MW products ... I know he moved out a good bunch of stuff and celebrated big time when somebody bought his Dyno Custom cruiser with 3 foot TALL Ape-Hangers bars!! (Much better mileage on his truck on the trip back home!:tonguewink: )

I HAD to include this picture of a great "Regular" at the Swap Meet Kim Stevens who was caught riding his wife's Vintage AMF and using it as a PARTS HAULER:D!! What a great way to haul around some old Muscle Car Valve Covers !!

and I'll wrap this up with a couple from my set-up at the swap meet ....

Cheers Everybody!!
Stay safe and keep rollin' out those Vintage Rides !!
CCR Dave

Last edited:
Back