When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Corvette 5 Speed Registry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just pick this up 10 min ago.

20201125_191953.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

IMG_20201126_122915_252.jpg

IMG_20201126_122915_243.jpg

Last edited:

That's pretty wild @Notagamerguy ! Is that a tail light or reflector? I like it whatever it is. From what I can tell the rear wheel set is untouched and original. Any history come with, appears one of the owners spent some time fixin it up in the late 60's early 70's. Can you tell if Black was the original color.
This one fits right in with the Ooops serial numbers that messes up that serial look up on Pat's site. lol

10/20 ------------------ K144431 ----------------- K146980
10/23 ------------------ K146981 ----------------- K149651
10/24 ------------------ K149652 ----------------- K152051
10/25 ------------------ K152052 ----------------- K145486
10/26 ------------------ K145487
----------------- K157449
10/27 ------------------ K157450 ----------------- K160300
10/28 ------------------ K160301 ----------------- K162000

Yeah it appears to be the original blue paint but its just no longer matlic. I believe that because I can see whats left of the screening on the chaingaurd. And for reflector i have no idea i dont think it lights up

20201126_120634.jpg

I thought it was weird that all the matlic portion of the blue paint came off whithout seeing any of the sliver undercoat and i did some digging and it is definitely a repaint. Whoever did this took there time and taped the decals off very well, untill you look very closely. What a shame, but no harm no foul.

20201127_173925.jpg

Added you to the Registry @Notagamerguy . I noticed right away that it had an Opaque Blue paint job and only noticed a small amount of black on the drop out shot. Top tube decals are the earlier style but the seat mast decal is correct and the shifter decal is also. I thought those were replaced but you say they were masked off. The guard has the original Radiant Blue paint. Have you ridden it yet? Those bars are a trip, and I've never ridden a bike that had a set of those.

Added you to the Registry @Notagamerguy . I noticed right away that it had an Opaque Blue paint job and only noticed a small amount of black on the drop out shot. Top tube decals are the earlier style but the seat mast decal is correct and the shifter decal is also. I thought those were replaced but you say they were masked off. The guard has the original Radiant Blue paint. Have you ridden it yet? Those bars are a trip, and I've never ridden a bike that had a set of those.
Oh i thought you ment blue, i thought black was a typo but that would make sense if it was originally black lol. And yes I road it once it didnt shift but tires held air. It was weird riding it with the rams horn. It felt more like riding a street bike then a cruiser

Oh i thought you ment blue, i thought black was a typo but that would make sense if it was originally black lol. And yes I road it once it didnt shift but tires held air. It was weird riding it with the rams horn. It felt more like riding a street bike then a cruiser

I can see one good reason why it didn't shift. The cable is inside a casing from the shifter to the derialleur. The casing is only used between the two cable guides that are in front and behind the the seat post and then another 8" piece from the seat stay cable guide to the derailleur.

Adding this work horse to the list. Finally got the serial number thanks to @Arjnmrskr213. It's not pretty, and looks like it's been worked hard for years and put in the stall wet. After being used to deliver newspapers it was probably then used to run moonshine on late night runs. Reason for three head lights. :p Still for sale in Santa Fe Springs, Cali. https://offerup.com/item/detail/842922739/?_branch_match_id=811384919566043234

1961 Corvette 5 speed. Serial # G168053

1609997146082.png

1609997187050.png

1609997235734.png

1609997399691.png

Hey what is that black bike in some of the pics of the santa fe springs bike? Is it me or does it look like another 5 speed

Hey what is that black bike in some of the pics of the santa fe springs bike? Is it me or does it look like another 5 speed

Rear hub looks like a 3 speed. Deluxe crash rail seat so maybe a 3 speed Corvette. Looks like there's a top tube decal so not a Jag that's missing the tank.

Back