When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

misrepresentation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hukah

Finally riding a big boys bike
(If this is off-topic or better elsewhere please let me know)

Hello group.
I recently bid a moderately lowball price on what was advertised as "Hiawatha/shelby/arrow/airflow/speedline" cruiser bicycle frame.
The bidding was ending in 3 days and my bid was good for 2 days.
In the meantime I'm talking to another CABER about these frames and their possible value.
Now I'm the first to admit that my eyes do not see images very well on small monitors/screens but when I did a google search of those terms, the images that came back were bikes with tanks, and seeing the connections between the seat stays where they tie into the top bar from the pictures provided wasn't real clear to me.
In the meantime I found out that a real frame would likely fetch a couple hundred dollars, so i didn't hold much hope that the seller would accept anyway, so I dismissed it.
As you may have guessed by now, the Ebay seller accepted my offer of $95.
I finally posted a picture of the bike to my fellow CABER and he responded back with an image of an arrow frame with no tank and it's now easy to see the frame that i just bought is NOT what it was advertised to be.
I can't even find a Hiawatha that it may be (perhaps someone here may be able to assist? Thank you).
What do you all make of this situation?
I made it clear that I want to cancel this order until I'm assured of what bicycle frame I am actually buying.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

hiawatha 1.jpg

hiawatha 2.jpg

If it was an airflow frame , people would have bid you out
That was my thought too.
I furgured there was no way unless the guy wasn't able to sell it for months and I just happened to catch him ready.

A mistake that has been made here before, just because it's a Hiawatha they think Shelby built, this is a Murry built that's much rarer, looks like the same model as mine Mike posted & below, can't really loose at that price, heck I'm looking for one of those badges, similar but different than the Shelby/Hiawatha badge, Murry badge on the right.

Last edited:
Back