When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Super Deluxe - help needed please

-
Take the bikes weight off the front wheel.............and push down on those cap nuts on top of the springs...................then the brace should slide down into position ( unless for some reason the axel nuts prevent it ) ............then tighten up the race and crown nut so the fork swivels as it should . You have a big gap over the fender ( lot's of room to go downwards ).............I think it should work out ok ;)

View attachment 1336854

View attachment 1336855

View attachment 1336856

View attachment 1336857

View attachment 1336858

View attachment 1336860
awesome, thank you! I did just that & worked out perfectly. Thank you!

Yea, from what I can see in the pictures Curtis is right. Take the weight off the front end, the spring crown brace should slide down on the threaded fork tube. Then you can tighten the fork nut down to keep it in place. From the pics it looks like you may be missing the cogged washer that should go between the fork nut and spring brace. Also looks like you are missing the spring caps, and the rubber washers at the top of the springs should be above the spring brace not under it. Cool bike, you should be good to go with just a little work!
Thank you so very much! I appreciate the help!

Wow, you have lots to do here! Looks to me like who ever built this one didn't really have a clue. "FrontEnd"-- for starters, it looks like a girls front end the length is wrong. As far as the parts, while Monark, they are wrong. Top nuts are axle bolts (need correct nuts, bushings and washers), might be missing spring cups at top of springs, depends on true year/model of bike.
If headbadge is original to bike graphics are wrong, the Super Deluxe had a head tube shroud, while the Super Cruiser didn't. Seat and pedals are wrong. Of course the elusive pedestal light is missing (once again depending on year). There are other things to address, but you have a fun project there.
You might consider starting over with the bike as a whole, the home grown paint, well, is home grown.

Hope this helps, make the bike a fun project!
I was hoping you would chime-in! Thank you.
Do you know if they make re-pop spring cups & parts I will need? Or am I best to post a WTB ad here on the Cabe?
Thanks so much Buddy,
-Lars

It may be an easy fix if Curtis is correct, which I think he is. Lift the front of the bike off the ground to allow the springer to extend down. This should allow the upper chrome bracket to be screwed down flush on to the top of the headset adjusting cone. A couple washers, then the top nut and you are back in business. I do not think this is a womens springer. Easy fix with a few key missing parts at the top of the springs. The forks' double-spring carrier also looks to have been bent. It should be dead straight. Keep us posted!

I was hoping you would chime-in! Thank you.
Do you know if they make re-pop spring cups & parts I will need? Or am I best to post a WTB ad here on the Cabe?
Thanks so much Buddy,
-Lars
I just found this site...not sure if you knew this one or are interested at all! :)

It may be an easy fix if Curtis is correct, which I think he is. Lift the front of the bike off the ground to allow the springer to extend down. This should allow the upper chrome bracket to be screwed down flush on to the top of the headset adjusting cone. A couple washers, then the top nut and you are back in business. I do not think this is a womens springer. Easy fix with a few key missing parts at the top of the springs. The forks' double-spring carrier also looks to have been bent. It should be dead straight. Keep us posted!
Thank you! I am stoked to try to get this baby up-to-snuff! I just found a cool site that has Monark fork parts. I really appreciate the help/advise...thank you SKPC!
-Lars

Take the bikes weight off the front wheel.............and push down on those cap nuts on top of the springs...................then the brace should slide down into position ( unless for some reason the axel nuts prevent it ) ............then tighten up the race and crown nut so the fork swivels as it should . You have a big gap over the fender ( lot's of room to go downwards ).............I think it should work out ok ;)

View attachment 1336854

View attachment 1336855

View attachment 1336856

View attachment 1336857

View attachment 1336858

View attachment 1336860
Right on!!

Right on!!

Back