When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920's-Pre-1933 Shelby Bicycle Thread

-

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
There is so little discussed or known about Shelby bicycles from this time period. If you have a bike or any historical tidbit please feel to post it here. This bike is currently for sale on EBay and definitely appears to be from the 1920's. The fork is the same as my Shelby built "New England" for G. W. Grady.
s-l1600.jpg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=164654638888

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Ha! I spotted that yesterday on the bay and a light bulb went off regarding the what is it old post by @locomotion below. I always suspected it was a Shelby when I first saw it, but the fork and sprocket threw me off. Chain adjusters, frame, truss bracket etc. I posted on his old thread today and screwed up his for sale ad...Yea, it's a Shelby and may be worth more than if it was a Schwinn:oops:....I asked to see if the crank was stamped "SMB" or not...

What is this bike? Schwinn? Confirmed! | All Things Schwinn | Page 2 | The Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange (thecabe.com)

Back