When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early bmx converted stingray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

birdzgarage

cruisin my 80s bmx bikes

70 stingray. Converted to a bmx bike long ago.even has freewheel conversion.as found by @rustjunkie in the Monrovia ca area.i bought it from him and all I did was find a replacement front tire and tube.it rides actually.i will always keep it in this unrestored condition as its a small piece of socal stingray and bmx history

Last edited:
Super cool. I remember converting a Bendix coaster brake to freewheel was the HOT trick for a little bit. I guess that makes me OLD.

True old school, I love it. I’ve never seen a brake mounted like that. Can you post a close up of the brake please?

had one very much like that in Purple when I was about 13.... original fork though. I remember a ride to the gravel pits where coming down from a jump I bent the heck out of my seat post and had to ride home standing up. gave it to a friends little brother when I was about 16. :( if not for that I bet I would still have it.

I remember when BMX was starting...we went to the local Schwinn store and they had a Stingray "conversion kit" for $14.99 I think. The kit included one pair of knobby tires, bars, pads, 10-speed seat and plastic number plate. The tube fork and handbrake came a little later...very fond memories!

Back